cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to import excel files automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to import the excel file manually and the same map I used in port.. format as excel.. its automatic action.. When I place the file it getting picked but giving structural exception... the same file I can manaully process successfully by selecting the same file using type as excel instead of Port...

When I select type as port, remote system .. when I want to select port I can see the port which I defined in console but they are disabled.. wondering where I did wrong?? is it possible to import excel files automatcially??

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I can understand from whatever you have written, the map u defined is working well for manual import mode bt fails in automatic import mode. And other thing is that port is showing as blocked while importing through import manager.

First make sure you remove the file which went into structural exception from exception folder in MDM FTP root.

Try loading the same map in import manager & save that map again to update the settings which you might have made but didnt get reflected in that map.

Try importing file again through automatic import. And YES MDM do support xls files for automatic import.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you understood corectly.. I am unable to import excel file automatically.. I created a new port with the map which I used manually of type excel... Before placing the file in the ready folder of this newly created port.. I tried to manually import using the port type... I see the port is disable to select.....

If I place the fiile its throwing structural exception..... but the same file I am able to import using type as excel..

After structural exception..I am able to select this exceptional port in import manager of type port.. manually it is successfull using the same map and same file which got structural error....

In Console report says:

Error: MS Access is not supported on this platform.

Error: MS Excel is not supported on this platform.

I am working on MDM 5.5.65.95 AND WINDOWS 7 64bit..

Any inputs.

Thanks

Rajeev

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Please refer the SAP Note Number: 1009016 :Access, Excel, complex XML not supported on Win64 MDIS

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_mdm/~form...

Solution

MDM version 5.5:

Customers who need to import Access, Excel, or complex XML files are suggested to switch to Import Server Win32 version on Windows 64bit OS.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You are on MDM 5.5.65.95 AND WINDOWS 7 64bit. As suggested by Priti, your Import Server (MDIS) Win32 should be installed rather than using Import Server (MDIS) Win64.

Note: Make sure that when you try using Port option, you Excel file Worksheet name should be same which you used during save map. Since when you open Import Manager, your Excel file Worksheet becomes source table which should be always same else will give exception during Port. e.g if you open Import Manager with excel file worksheet name Product and save map then next time it looks for source table name as Product only else give exception if your worksheet name by default is Sheet1 make it to Product and then try using Port Option.

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini