cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecycle Designer - Design View and Hierarchy Blank - Assistance Sought

Former Member
0 Kudos

12 months ago I succesfully installed Livecycle designer 8.0. Recently tried again on a new laptop with GUI 720 and decided to try Livecycle 8.2. It installs OK.

I am using Livecycle from an ABAP SAP system.

The problems come when I fire up the layout of an existing form from transaction SFP. Livecycle Designer starts OK. However the Design View is blank and the Hierarchy only contains a blank subform. The DataView however does list all the data fields on the form.

I have tried installing Livecycle Designer 8.0 and 8.1 as well but always get this same result.

Interestingly if I take a copy of an active form saved as a pdf (as it being displayed as part of an application in the portal) and open it using Livecycle Designer outside of the GUI (by executing command formdesigner.exe located in the windows "program files" installation directory) then I get all the details of the form showing correctly.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wondering if you don´t mess with the language. If you don´t open the layout in the proper language (like original: DE, logon: EN), you don´t see a thing. That was a catch when I was checking what is eady to use and didn´t see a thing.

Regards Otto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. I had a working installation on a WinXP OS with LCD 8.01. Then I reinstalled my laptop with new OS Windows 7 and now the LCD 8.01 is opening with an empty project when I want to display the layout in transaction SFP. The form itself is still valid (when I test the form within SFP, the correct content is displayed).

Does anyone ahve an idea? The 2 hints already in the thread are not helpful.

Thanks, Carolin

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember the fact, there is a note which should fix MESSAGE_TYPE_X, but cannot remember the name. What PL is your SAP GUI? Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using SAP GUI 7.10, PL 11

OttoGold
Active Contributor
OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then is it possible you (your OS) have previous experience with Adobe Acrobat? Because acrobat doesn´t like the SAP LCD and vice versa? My experience si never have installed these two on the same machine, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Otto. I successfully installed both on the same machine 12 months ago without any problems at all. That is why I was surprised to have this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Otto.

This a very useful tip but sadly does not apply in this case where both the logon language and language of the forms are English. The locale setting on the form display is also English.I have tried English Euro and English US as just in case this does make any difference, but without success.

When I attempt to create or change a form I get a run time error MESSAGE_TYPE_X with message class CNDP and message number 006. This suggests incorrect GUI, Kernel or GUI patch. I do not know of any required GUI 720 patches and can find nothing relevant on OSS.

If no-one responding on SDN can assist in a week or so I will raise a call with SAP. I will post the results (even if they are embarrassing for me).