Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature on Original File

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement which I am explaining below:

There are various status for a document and workflow is triggered for each status. I want to add the Diginal signature of person after he approves / select the status for that document thru workflow on Original file.

If there are multiple pages on the original file I want to add the Diginal signature of person on each page. And also I want to put stamp on below the signature on each page.

Can it be possible. If so Pls. let me know how to do or where can I get the material.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

Yes, both your requirements are feasible to achieve in SAP DMS but via different approaches.

1. For implementing digital signature, the steps are as follows:

Configuration section:SPRO>Reference IMG>CA Components>Approval

-Define individual authorization group

-Define individual signatures

-Define signature strategy

-Define individual signatures to the above signature strategy

-Define signature sequence(if there are more than 1 group involved for approval)

-Define users and restrictions(signature assigned to relevant users)

-Define document status(of document type) or which signature strategy must come into effect

NOTE: Digital signature is status driven(hence its not possible to have it for each original part as desired by you)

2. For implementing stamp feature

Stamp feature is part of 'Redlining Tools' suite.You may add stamp by clicking on the stamp icon in Redlining Tools section of a original(in the edit mode). Provide the necessary details that you need to appear in the stamp. After creating the stamp, from the Favorites section choose the stamp needed and insert the same onto the original drawing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 31, 2010 7:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I tried out the scenarios 1 and 2 mentioned by Pradeepkumar above. It works perfectly fine for me. No need to buy any additional software and invest money. Its avialble in SAP DMS. Thanks.

Edited by: James R Anthony on May 31, 2010 11:29 AM

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep and Anthony,

Thanks for your inputs. By using redlining / stamp can we do digital signature on all pages of originals (i.e attachments).

The steps defined for degital signature is for approving the status of document or getting digital signature on all originals after saving the document with the status.

My requirement is after completing / saving with the status of the document the digital signature to be printed on all pages of originals.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Redlining/Stamp and Digital Signature concept provided within SAP DMS are two different functionalities.

You are right when you say 'digital signature is for approving the status of document or getting digital signature on all originals after saving the document with the status.'

For your requirement, DMS digital signature alone would not hold good. What i would suggest is, opt for Redlining/Stamp feature along with digital signature.i.e, a user approves the document via digital signature in a particular status and uses the stamp feature(with his approval/feedback in the comments section) to ensure that his approval appears on the orginal and additional file. Do note that the Stamp feature may be used for the additional files as well. Hope this helps.

Regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thru Redlining/ stamp we can put our own stamp. Is it can we import signature and apply on originals. In stamp we can put only our name / date / time and other details or can put / insert / import employee signature also.

Can u elaborate on this .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge,stamp feature, by default, does not have provision for importing signatures. However, when stamp includes all the employee details alongwith comments of approval, importing signatures would be a overhead which would involve significant development efforts. What's your take?

Regards,

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for ur reply. Here one more development also may be required to put stamp on each page of the original. I am talking about if a original is having say 50 pages, stamp to be applied for all pages. or else manually stamp to be applied for all 50 pages. Users client won't accept for putting stamp on 50 pages.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case,consult your ABAPer and explore if it can achieved with z-development.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep Kumar

Please, is possible to inform the way in SAP to get the stamp feature.

SAP Menu -> Tools ->

I have the same need.

Thank you

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ssatheesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to configure the DMS in my abap stack system, Kindly suggest me settings and document also is very helpful to me.

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Though this thread is closed, I was curious that this standard DMS stamp would only be visible with ECL Viewer...for ECL viewer supported formats.

If someone print that file or stores to local machine will it be visible in native format?

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As per your requirement, go for CIDEON. Then you will be able to stamp and put a digital signature on each page.

Hope this will be more helpful.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Even we have the same requirement. As i know, CIDEON is a company. Can you be more specific which tool of CIDEON you are referring to, for this requirment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly note that it's "CIDEON output management" and it requires integration with SAP and then you can execute all the outputs ,you require with the document.

I hope this can fulfill the requirement.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

These functionalities are not available in standard SAP DMS environment. If you want to do this,you need to purchase a external tool from CIDEON and install it and integrate and then you will be able to perform these activities like stamping and digital signature requirement.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra