cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI app server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario to configure receiver as XI application server file directory path. The sender is an FTP. Middleware is XI. Am getting an error 'Error when reading the access data (URL userid and pwd) for the Adapter Engine'. The file is getting picked up from FTP but not writng in XI File directory. MONI is showing red flag for call adapter. Appreciate an earliest response.

Thanks!

Deno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deno,

Since your receiver is your XI system itself. I suggest you to use "NFS" as the transport protocol in the receiver communication channel.So you can avoid user credentials that you enter while using "FTP" as your transport protocol.

I would also suggest that you go through these blogs and help links for the entire File to File scenario and cross check this with the configuration you have done.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

I guess this should help you solve your problem

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!. But the receiver is not FTP. Its XI application server directory and NFS. I am not sure the reason still..

Has anyone got idea about the checks need to be done at the server level or component level. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Deno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deno,

The first thing that you need to do is to check if your receiver adapter is working fine.This you can check in the Adapter monitoring in the Runtime workbench.

If that is ok, then i think you need to check the path you have given to receieve the file while configuring your sender file adapter, please note that it is case sensitive.These are the only 2 possibilities that i can see for it not to work.

And also make sure that you have enteed all your prameters required correctly.like....

Conect mode - permanently

Transfer mode - Binary

and also make sure that the other parameters which are to be given are also entered correctly.

Also please refer <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm">Configuring the Receiver File Adapter</a>

Regards,

abhy

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy

In RWB, I went to comp monitor>> selected Adapter engine>> adapter monitoring

it shows red color JPR for http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

If my adapter is not running, how to start it?

Cheers

Jawahar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

"SAP Basis software component" might have to be reimported .

Also check note <b>809420</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jawahar,

Also check if a business system for the J2EE stack of your integration server has been created in your SLD.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

If you want to restart your adapter then you need to reimport the "SAP Basis software component" as Bhavesh told.

But then when the adapter is red it means that the adapter is up, but one of the communication channel is throwing some error. To resolve this you need to check the parameters you have entered in your communication channel which is giving this problem.

Regards,

Abhy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thru this thread-

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for the reply. I already gone thru this. Everything looks fine according to the solutions mentioned over there. I am unable to find out any other check need to be done.

Thanks

Deno