cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how enhanced receiver determination works..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

In enhanced receiver determination Interface mapping(which has java mapping) I have also included logic to make some change in content of input file and dynamic configuration for output file name. My input and output are flat files. So I m using dummy structure. In interface determination i m not referring any Interface mapping.

Receiver determination is working properly But neither dynamic file name nor the changes in content of file are reflecting in out put file.

Is it mandatory to use separate mapping in interface determination to change the content of file and dynamic file name?

Thanks

Jai

Edited by: Jaideep Baid on May 29, 2010 6:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it mandatory to use separate mapping in interface determination to change the content of file and dynamic file name?

The mapping used to in receiver Determination is to decide the Receiver.....the mapping used in Interface Determination is to create the target structure....both are to be developed and used separately (one in Receiver Determination and other in Interface Determination respectively)....this wiki gives you an example:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/StepbyStepguidetoExplainEnhancedReceiver+Determination

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Abhi for you response.

I wanted to avoid the use of two mappings.

I just wanted to confirm weather the mapping used in enhanced receiver determination, can perform the transformation of the input data also. As my source and target data structure is dummy. Or i will have to use mapping in interface determination also.

Thanks

Jai

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I just wanted to confirm weather the mapping used in enhanced receiver determination, can perform the transformation of the input data also.

No, this is not possible. You can change the message payload only with message mapping.

> As my source and target data structure is dummy.

You have to create data type, message type and message interface for this. Even when your payload is not XML, the interface mapping requires this. Of course your data type contains just a dummy field.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaideep,

You can try using FCC to make the Flat file to xml instead of creating data types.

<MT_>
<Payload>
<Data> Flat file contents.. </Data>
</payload>

Regards

Ramg