cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check whether the system is productive system or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to check whether the system is productive system or non-productive system (e.g. development and test). how can I get the information with ABAP?

Thanks and regards

Tao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

There is no way to check whether a system is used productively or not, I believe what you mean is checking a client is productive or not in an ABAP-stack based system. Remember although a SAP ABAP system is identified by a SID but from a business perspective the system is recognized by a client, as it is a unique business identity.

Thus, to check whether the client is productive or not in txn SCC4 check the role of the client, it will show you the correct status. The data of SCC4 is stored in table T000, you can also opt to check that.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about checking the client role, table field T000-CCCATEGORY, which you can also retrieve via function module TR_SYS_PARAMS?

Another real simple way that might be successful depending on the naming conventions utilized in your company is the evaluation of the system ID (sy-sysid). Often companies use one letter to designate the type of the system (like 'D' for dev, 'Q'' for quality assurance/test and 'P' for production).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't advise to use the SY-SYSID because of a recent issue at our client. After a few years of development and go live, they had installed so many systems (landscape with ECC, SRM, XI, BI, SolMan, around 6 systems for each development line, for each version, ... Only one word to describe that: awful!) that an administrator decided to create his own convention for a new system, and forgot the rule. Guess what, we had to change the ABAP programs! (hopefully we used a generic function)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Please check with your basis team for correct information about the landscape information whether system is productive or not.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun