cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum size of XML files and number of IDocs for IDoc receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have an XML file to IDoc scenario where XI picks up an XML file with multiple Customer records in it, it does a simple mapping and creates one DEBMAS06 IDoc per record in the XML file. All IDocs are sent in a single file in XML-IDOC format to IDoc adapter which then posts the separate DEBMAS IDocs to R/3.

a) What is the maximum size of XML files that XI can handle with mapping involved ?

b) What is the maximum number of IDocs in a single file that the receiver IDoc adapter can handle ?

The first time this interface runs almost 200,000 Customer records will be exported in one XML file.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well it is difficult to find out the maximum Size of xml messgaes that can be processed by XI and also Maximum number idocs an recevier Idoc adapter can handle.

This totally depends on your production system loads and the limits can be set totally on trail & error basis..

In my heavy loaded production system, i found out that the maximum size of the successfull messages after processing by XI is around 75 MB (seen in transaction SXMB_MONI). Whereas messages with size around 100 MB went into error.

I havent encounter any such limits with respect to Idocs.

I would suggest that you divide your data into smaller chunks and sent it part by part instead of sending it all once since you data size is huge.

You can vary your batch size as per your system load.

Regards,

- Deepak.

Answers (0)