cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 Contract Distribution not possible in PPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're on SRM 7 / ECC6 EHP3, and activated PPS. I have been told that for PPS the distribution is not supported completely, and hence the functionality is disabled, NOTE 1354971.

My problem is, since we have activated the PPS functionality in all the landscapes we have at present. I can not switch PPS off or refer to another system without the PPS. By reverting the note 1354971, i have only managed to get an assign distribution button active at item level. I would have assumed, the contract/GOA should be able to be distributed at header level. Consider a contract with 1000 items.

Can please someone tell me what is the process for distributing a contract completely. Not just selective items.

Moreover, this does not work, when i have outline items/sub items in the contract.

Regards

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

Interfaces(XML) which are used to transfered the central contract are not extended to all the fields related to PPS functionality. Eg. Guaranteed Minimum.

These fields will not be transfered to backend and other process like release value updation to the backend contract has limitation as PPS funcalities can be used only in extended classic scenario.

So we have a limitation and also this functionality will not be supported in PPS.

As it was a bug , we have corrected this through the note 1354971.

Nevertheless, you can enable this funcationality and use with the limitation.

You will have to handle this through custom meta data handle where you need to create dynamic class and method and maitain in the customizing table /SAPSRM/V_MDA_HC. You can enable the Assign distribution button and link in the dynamic class.

You can check the configuration in the standard meta table /SAPSRM/V_MDA_HD for reference.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Yes, we configured this by overriding the meta deta settings for the actions. Only to find, if you have a contract in SRM 7, with outlines in it, the contract is not tranferred to the backend properly. The idoc generated is set to an error status.

Similarly, external requirements coming in from the backend into SRM, if they have outlines, create a SC with lost hierarchy.

Can you confirm if outline contracts can be distributed to ECC6, without enhancing the standard functionality. We thought about using the BAdI BBP_CTR in the BE with the combination of EXIT_SAPLEINN_003 to override the standard BDC. But it just seems so impossible. It'd be cost effective to create an interface from scratch.

Regards

Ali

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Do you have any joy with confirming whether the distribution works in PPS? We have similar requirement here and I am keen to find out whether at all we have an option of distributing the central contract (with outline) to ERP for reference by a PM order.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Yes, we have had to do major enhancements on both SRM and ECC side. The idoc structure had to be rebuilt in ECC, a custom logic applied, and BDC enhanced to cater for outline creation. However it is unstable.

Since in our case, we're trying to replicate contracts with service items only, hence the standard program will always create a single generic line at item level in contract (EKPO) and all the services will be listed under this item line.

I have been in touch with some guys from SAP, they say this functionality will be available in ENH1 for SRM7. Fingers crossed !

Regards

Ali M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

we configured this by overriding the meta deta settings for the actions. Only to find, if you have a contract in SRM 7, with outlines in it, the contract is not tranferred to the backend properly. The idoc generated is set to an error status.

We have also activated PPS and realized the distribution is not supported.

Since you mentioned IDOC here, I assume you didn't use PI for the transfer. Could you confirm that PI is not mandatory for SRM 7 contracts to be transferred to ECC? Are you using CCTR or GCTR as transaction type?

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Also depends on what ECC EHP you have. We have ECC6 EHP3 as backend, so we're not using PI. With enhancements in both the SRM and ECC system, and little config you should be able to get it running.

We use CCTR.

Regards

Ali

Edited by: Muhammad Ali Mahmood on Jan 6, 2011 5:34 AM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1423994 - Contract distribution extension of note:1354971

Advantage of CCTR - It can be used as Local contract / distributed as Backend contract. it can be used for Classic as well as Extended classic scenarios

Disadvantage of GCTR :- This GCTR - GOAs are not source of supply and morevoer this GOA distributed as backend contract and can be used for only classic scenario only.

Muthu