cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backward Price calculation in SAP SD Pricing Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client is having two pricing scenarios. One forward and another backward. Forward pricing is what we normally use in SAP SD. I have designed the forward procedure and it is working just fine. Am stuck at exactly replicating it in the reverse calculation procedure.

Forward Procedure:

Condition Types:

ZPR1 u2013 Base Price (CondClass=B,Calculat.type=C, CondCat = blank) u2013 Manual user entry in pricing

ZDS1 u2013 Discount (CondClass=A,Calculat.type=A, CondCat = blank) u2013 Manual User entry in pricing

ZBV1 u2013 VAT Base Price (CondClass=A,Calculat.type=A, CondCat = blank) u2013 Condition Record

ZBS1 u2013 Ser Tax Base Price (CondClass=A,Calculat.type=A, CondCat = blank) u2013 Condition Record

ZVT1 u2013 VAT (CondClass=D,Calculat.type=A, CondCat = D) u2013 Condition Record

ZST1 u2013 Ser Tax (CondClass=D,Calculat.type=A, CondCat = D) u2013 Condition Record

Pricing Sequence:

Step CndTyp From To Statistical Req CalTyp BaseTyp

10 ZPR1 2

20 ZDS1 10 2

30 Base1 10 20

40 ZBV1 30 X

50 ZBS1 30 X

60 Base2 3

70 ZVT1 40 10

80 ZST1 50 10

90 Total 60 80

Example Calculation:

ZPR1 = Rs 100

ZDS1 = 0

Base1 = Rs100

ZBV1 = Rs70

(@70%)

ZST1 = Rs33

(@33%)

Base2 = Rs100

ZVT1 = Rs 2.80

(@4%)

ZST1 = Rs 3.40

(@10.3%)

Total = Rs106.20

Now I want to built a reverse procedure in which the end user will enter only Rs 106.20 as the final price and system to reverse calculate like above. The sequencing doesnu2019t matter. Only the values determined for Base Price, ZVT1 and ZST1 matter.

I have referred to one of the standard pricing procedures in SAP IDES u201CVKP001u201D. This is based on the reverse pricing concept. But it is a very elementary procedure as compared to what I need.

Please suggest accordingly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this, you will have to develop a routine and assign it to the calculation type against the VAT calculation.

The routine will fetch the data from the entered value and determine the correct values.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to keep the routine developments as the last option, if i don't get any solution using the standard. Anyways, thanks for the prompt response.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use JASS, copy this condition type and create ZASS (Accesable value, this is percentage based calculation.) now create access sequence ZASS and assign a table to this access sequence. Create a table with the combination of say, plant + Price list.

In price list create two options

A - tax exclusive and

B-Tax Inclusive.

Taking example suppose i am selling materail X at the rate of 100 Rs including say Tax (tht is VAT / CST 4 % included).

So using the formula, 100/104 % will give me the base price that is Rs 96.15 is my base price and 3.85 is my Tax value

so Rs 96.15 + 3.85 = 100 Rs this is what i am quoting.

Now create a condition record for plant + price list.

here maintian the values as, in VK11, plant code 1000

When the price list is A maintain the condition record as 100 %

When the price list is B maintian the condition record as 96.15 %

Now create your pricing procedure,

Step From To

10 ZPR1 - Base price , Make it Statistical

20 ZASS - make it madatory (copy the value) 10 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ERL

30 VAT / CST 20 MWS

Now if the ZPRI 100 excluding taxes, as per the record the same 100 % will get copy into ZASS when your Price list is A is maintained in customer master or sales order line item sales B tab PRICE LIST the system will call the 100 percent record, refresh the pricing .

so in ZASS 100 will get copy and then you have 4 % will get calculated and it will be 100 + 4 = 104 Rs.

Now when your price list is B tax inclusive , then

ZPR1 is Rs 100

and 96.15 % will get copy in the ZASS condition type as per the condition record, (at item level in sales B tab price list give value as B and then come back and referesh the pricing.

so here,

ZASS is 96.15 Rs,

Now your VAT / CST 4 % will be calculated over 96.15, which will come as 3.85 Rs,

Then following down you will get further calculation.

Try doing it i hope it will work.

Cheers

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Rishi,

I admire the patience and diligence with which you have replied. The scenario your solution tries to address is, in case the final price = base price + tax on base price, which is a 3 condition type scenario. For such cases, instead of using a price list, there is a simpler solution. Just refer to pricing procedure "VKP001" in the standard IDES system. Just check it out, in case you have not. That would ease the solution given by you to a great extent. Please don't misunderstand me, to be criticising your solution. I am only telling this as you tried to help me. VKP001 would make your life a lot simpler even from end user perspective. But that works only on one tax and non proportional base price.

The trick point where i am getting stuck is in my scenario the calculation is like:

Final Price = Price + [VAT on Base price for VAT] + [Service Tax on base price for service tax], which is a 6 condition type scenario.

I have two taxes applying on varying proportions of the actual base price to arrive at the final price.

Thanks,

Kamesh

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kamesh,

thanx , wht you told is right, there is a standard pricing procedure and can be used.

Coming back to your point , can you just again brief it. I don't thing it is something to do with 3 or 6 condition type.

As i told, ZASS is your accessable value. if suppose you say tax exclusive then 100 % percent of your base price say condition ZPRI will will get copy into the ZASS as per the condition record. BUT if this tax inclusive, then only thing you have to do is maintian a condition record as per the calculation.

Now in your scenario, PLZ do correct me if i am wrong.

Final price = base price + VAT / CST + service tax over your base price.

so

Now suppose i am selling the goods at 100 Rs (All inclusive as per the above formula).

Taxes are VAT / CST is 5 % and service tax is 10.24 %.

Now can you please explain what is you base price in this case. (100 Rs all inclusive, so i want the seggeration of each value)

So if can tell that, you have to maintain the condition record with that much of percentage value.

plz let me know the base price as of above calculation.

Cheers

Rishi

former_member657193
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kamesh,

Coming back to your point, is it some kind of TURNKEY job,

Where you are charging, say out of 100 Rs price,

75 % is material cost + 25 % labour charages.

Now on 75 percent are you charging VAT / CST and on 25 % you are charging Service TAX.

Plz let me know if this is the scenario.

Cheers

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you said, is also a scenario in their business. For which, we have asked them to maintain separate material codes and assign prices on appropriate proportions. There are also, some jobs, which are indistinguishable. E.g, I would charge Rs. 1,00,000/- for foundation of say 1000 cubic metres. This would ideally involve labour portion and some material portion like sand, bricks, concrete etc. But the sub components are not separated in the order. Hence, state tax legislations have given yet another tax structuring that VAT is applicable on a certain proportion of the job and central tax legislations say that service tax is applicable on yet another portion of the same job. Detailed e.g:, If the price of my job is Rs. 1,00,000. For Tamil Nadu state the rule says, apply 4% VAT on 70% of Rs. 1,00,000 and central tax says, apply 10.3% service tax on 33% of Rs. 1,00,000/-.

This scenario is working fine, when done through forward working, but the problem is when the customer says that Rs. 1,00,000/- is inclusive of all taxes. Here the system is supposed to come up with a base price, calculate VAT and Service Tax as per state and central tax rates on appropriate proportions and finally when added up should result in Rs. 1,00,000/-

I have stumbled upon a solution for this, but that too requires 1 development as a calctyp. Was wondering if i can avoid it.

Thanks,

Kamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have figured out a calculation method to do most of the job. Just that i require one add on to be developed to perform a division on two steps.

Any way for achieving a division of steps without a development?

Regards,

Kamesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Guess, there is no better way of doing this except for a development. I am marking the question answered.