Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Rounding differences - translation in BCS to thousands

Hello everybody,

We translate the figures from Local currency (ILS) to thousands Local currency (we created new currency code u2013TILS). We maintained conversion factor of 1:1000 and translation rate 1:1. The client insist the figures in Group currency will be without digits , for example LC u2013 100,569 will become 101 after translation and not 100.569.

I was able to reach the results by defining no decimal places for TILS currency code.

I searched the forum before opening my thread. I saw Eugene wrote they built translation method with a lot of steps per each item. I defined translation method with 1 step only u2013 all items are translated cumulatively by end of day/month (M) rate. Translation difference item is P&L item XXX. Rounding method I use is a method that uses 3 steps (1 BS is rounded to clearing item of RE in BS, 2- P&L is rounded to clearing item of RE in P&L, 3 clearing item of RE in BS= clearing item of RE in P&L and rounded to clearing item of RE in P&L).

The problem is that we discovered that sometimes it can happen that Cons PC clearing item is out of balance because of rounding differences (instead of P&L item XXX rounding differences go to Cons PC clearing item).

Does anyone have some experience of how to deal with rounding differences in BCS and under the following conditions:

1.Total Cons PC clearing item must be equal to zero in each value (LC and GC)

2. clearing item of RE in BS= clearing item of RE in P&L

Thank you,

Lilia

Edited by: Lilia on May 29, 2010 1:54 PM

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question