cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.net.SocketException in QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our XI QA instance has recently been installed, and today we tried to run our first QA job. The job runs fine in dev, but in QA we are seeing the following error in the message audit log.

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://erpdev12.xxxx.yyyyyy.zzz:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address.

The erpdev12 address is the address of the box that contains our dev XI instance and our SLD. Is this address supposed to point to the SLD or the integration engine?

If it's supposed to point to the integration engine, can anyone tell me where this setting is configured?

We tried checking the pipeline URL but that is correctly pointing to our QA instance.

I've read a few of the other forum posts and blogs on similar issues, but ours seems to be just different enough that we can't solve it based on those issues.

Thanks for any assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure your file adapter /FTP server is configured correctly.If you have use local XI ftp server you have to change the parametr in adapter QA config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an IO Exception

Problem might be with port number of url or

connection problem:just restart server or service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for everyone's attempts to help. I think we're going to have to enter an OSS note to get it all straightened out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, here's where we are. To the best of my ability, the parameters look correct, keeping in mind I am a developer and not BASIS.

Our pipeline address in the QA business system is pointing to QA. The 'corresponding integration server' in SXMB_ADM QX1 is looking at our QA server. When I try to send a test message from component monitoring in the RWB it defaults to the QA server.

But when we try to send a real job, the file adapter picks up the file, and attempts to send it to the DEV integration server. And then we get the same error message.

Oh and we also rebooted the machine, no luck.

Thanks for any additional suggestions.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check SMICM services? Try this luck..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I read that post, the connections in the exchange profile are correct. The SMICM connection is possibly wrong, it doesn't have the whole host name, just part of it. Do you know how I modify that value? However, the address that is there is NOT what is showing up when we try and process the message, so while it may be A problem, I'm not sure it's THE problem.

Sravya,

We updated all of our communication channels when we moved to QA. And we are just using the NFS part of the file adapter. I really don't think the problem is in the adapter is it is picking up the file and deleting it properly, it's just that it's not sending the message properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the whole batch of messages from the message display tool, if it helps.

2006-06-29 07:11:01 Success Channel CC_S_File_GL_JV: Entire file content converted to XML format 
2006-06-29 07:11:01 Success Send text file "/load/interfaces/figl_jvupload/ready/jv.txt", size 238811, character encoding ISO8859-1 with QoS EO 
2006-06-29 07:11:01 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW. 
2006-06-29 07:11:01 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue. 
2006-06-29 07:11:02 Success Message successfully put into the queue. 
2006-06-29 07:11:02 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection AFW. Returning to application. 
2006-06-29 07:11:02 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue. 
2006-06-29 07:11:02 Success File "/load/interfaces/figl_jvupload/ready/jv.txt" deleted after processing 
2006-06-29 07:11:02 Success The message status set to DLNG. 
2006-06-29 07:12:17 Error Transmitting the message to endpoint http://erpdev.xxxx.yyyy.edu:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address

You can see in the last step it's transmitting the message to erpdev our dev XI box, instead of erpqa, our QA XI box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanda~

Excuse me if this sounds silly but which Adapter Engine (option) did you choose when you configured your File Communication channel?

Is thr by anychance you have DEV And QA instances of XI in the same server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

At this point, there are NO silly questions, we are trying to eliminate anything that might be causing this problem.

In the adapter engine box in the file communication channel, there is only one choice: 'Integration Server'.

Our Dev and QA instances are definately on two seperate boxes. Although, we do only have one SLD, which sits on the same server as the DEV instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your problem to me points out straight to the SLD configuration for your QA system.

Pls do recheck the pipeline URL displayed in the INTEGRATION Tab when you select the QA business system for the Role Integration Server.

Since this is a single SLD, you should have 2 Technical systems for Role Integration Server.Check if the pipeline URL is different for both

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

That's where everyone says to go and we've double and triple checked it. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it's correct.

Here is where I'm looking:

SLD - > Business Systems ->

Selected the business system for our integration server, looking at the integration tab, here are the values in the first two fields:

Role: Integration Server

Pipeline URL: http://erpqa.xxxx.yyyyyy.edu:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

(And I'm checking the technical systems now)

Message was edited by: Vanda Bushfield

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'm looking at the technical systems. I'm not sure what you mean about having 2 for the role integration server. Do you mean one for QA and one for DEV? Or do you mean 2 for QA?

We have 1 for Dev and 1 for QA, that I see here, and they have different domains listed (looking at the technical systems screen.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We tried checking the pipeline URL but that is

> correctly pointing to our QA instance.

>

I saw that solution in other posts and tried it before I even posted. It didn't help.

Our pipeline url was pointing properly at our qa instance and we were still getting that message with the url of the dev instance.

We tried changing the pipeline url to the dev instance (matching the error message) but that didn't help either.

So we're trying to figure out where it is getting that erpdev12 address.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the exchange profile information also. Given configuration guide will help you .. on this.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

Can you give me an idea what part of the configuration guide? I'm a developer not an admin, and I admit to being in a bit over my head on this one. We're trying to do some research on what might be wrong to help our BASIS team help us.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check page no 27 to 37 . and

Check these parameters also-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c6/6f1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your PipeLine URL of the Integrtaion Server

Go to SLD->Business System-><Your IntegratioNServer>

It should be

http://<XI system>:<Http Port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

More on

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001697502004E.PDF