cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Configuration - No host for system <SID>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed a fresh copy of Solution Manager (windows server 2008, SQL 2008). I then entered transaction SOLMAN_SETUP, which started the web application with the initial configuration wizard. The first step is fine (user creation), but the second step (Technical Configuration).....when I click the "Configure" button, I only see the error: "No host for system SM1", where "SM1" is my solution manager. I verified in SMSY that the server, database, and system information was filled in by automatic data capture.

What does this mean ("No host for system") & how can I fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check the SMSY settings for server, database and landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific?

What settings would you like me to check? Which tab? What values should be present?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My same issue got resolved.

Check this note 1279239 , this will resolve your issue .

Do delete the java system in SMSY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like the system is not able to identify the parameters.

Check the Profile Parameters and Please also check in SMSY server components on Instances pane and agaist message server.

Thanks,

Jagan

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello nccbnc ,

In SMSY in your Header tab, is the message server field populated?

If not please enter the Hostname there, and save.

This should solve this problem.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a backup of my server just prior to starting the initial configuration wizard so I restored from that backup & started the initial configuration again, since I had played with settings.

Paul - initially when I come into SMSY there is no system, server, or database. So I go to landscape maitenance and force an auto-update of the data, which populates at least the "System" in SMSY (but not the database and server). Also, now, I see that message server is not filled in, but it will not let me fill that in?

How do I go about filling in the Message Server field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - was able to get the rest of the basic info (Server, Database, etc.) pre-filled in by assigning an installation number.

But I still cannot select and/or modify the "message server" field. When I click it I see "Selection not possible".

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - updated but not fixed.

I did the following...

1) Under system components, I browsed to Java and updated "message server" field there, since that was the only editable field anywhere. At that point after clicking execute again, the error changed to "No http port for system <SID>"

2) At that point I googled again and found this page: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Initial+Configuration . I followed the directions on this page and I had httpports for the systems, but no servers/hosts listed in the records in the SMSY_SYSTEM_NODE table. So I updated the records concerning this SID to reflect the proper server name.

Now I get the incredibly informative error code:

E::000

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you resolved this issue ? I am also facing same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry indiantiger - the issue is still not yet resolved.

Can anyone help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do let me know the process you are forcing the automatic data capture. There are two ways:

1) The best method is to get the data from SLD. Please self register the system and do a Landscape fetch to update the system.(SMSY_SETUP).

2) For ABAP, you can get the details populated by clicking read system data remote.

and for JAVA, You can always get the message server port of Java from system info page.(SLD remains the only data source).

Please do these and check whether the data is updating properly and make sure its the right data.

Then you can continue with the steps with ease.

Revert for any issues.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagan - I am fairly certain I did the fetch already in SMSY_SETUP. I think I need more details from you on steps 1 & 2 to be certain, however. When I went to transaction SMSY_SETUP I clicked the button to fetch data and then chose immediate, then I saw the successful fetch. There are some fields populated now in System Landscape, but I still receive error E::000 in initial configuration in web app.

Is there an error log or trace I can view for better errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?