cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing standard SAP transactions/programs with the Web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm a Basis Admin trying to help our ABAP-Developer and Non-SAP_Java-Developer figure something out. We are trying to find a solution for the current scenario:

We have a third-party B2B site that is used for a number of things, to include create and update customer data. The current method of doing this is through a WSDL to pass the data from the external site into a Z-table in ECC. This triggers a background process which then takes the newly created data and then executes the request within ECC. As you can imagine this can take a minute or twp to process depending on the load on the system; meanwhile the web-user is waiting for a response.

In contrast, our Customer Service department can do the same function (via ECC t-code) within seconds. Mainly becuase there is no temporary storage (Z-table) and their request is a DIALOG process not a queued Backgroud process.

My question is, and I'm not sure if its a valid one, is there a way to Web Enable, Call, or access the standard functionality in any way from the WSDL?

Thanks,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Either use Enterprise Service provided by SAP to update customer data, or

2. you can create something in Visual Composer to access BAPI/RFC directly to update data in ECC, or

3. Use Web based SAP GUI to update data via transaction, or

4. Use JCo (Java Connector Object) to connect RFC/BAPI of SAP to update data directly.

Regards,

Gourav

prabhanjan_reddy
Participant
0 Kudos

wat ever you says is right for me and my scerino is same

and i need to take the values from java and when ever he is going to submit that button that values should be updated in ztable in sap

and reinr

slno

plant

these are the fields i am using

and which bapi do i need to use to generate reinr automatically

and wat sort of logic do i need to use in sap function module

please could you tell me the procedure for me

regards,

prabhanjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC you can create a web service for the standard BAPI's which can create or change the customer master. This will be a synchronous call and it takes the callers identity to create the customer master. Means the web user should have access to SAP. I suspect the 'Z' tables and background job is created to bypass the user security.