cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful application of a changed methodology process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

This issue is related to an ERM installation v. 5.3 (AC-ERM 5.3_11_2).

I have set up two methodology processes in the system. One is for single roles and one for composite roles. I have defined two condition groups to enable the functionality of the two methodology processes.

The methodology process for composite roles is set as default and the methodology process for single roles is set as active/enabled. (The default methodology process exists in the system but is disabled.)

I have worked with the two methodology processes for a period of time now before we found that we need to add another methodology step to the one for composite roles. I can change the methodology process successfully. When I start creating a new role afterwards (role definition), the changed methodology process is correctly visualized at the top level of the workscreen. As soon as I have selected and entered all relevant data for the new role, including the entry for indication of role type composite role, the methodology process is displayed identically with the old(!) methodology process. (This methodology process does not even exist anywhere in my configuration anymore!)

It is the same for existing roles: They are also still connected to the old methodology process.

• I used the functionality: u201CApply to existing rolesu201D, after changing the methodology process.

• I have tried to delete all roles from ERM and reimport the roles from the upload files we used earlier, hoping that the roles would get a u201Cfresh startu201D and reconnect properly to the changed methodology process then. But I get the same errorsituation as described above also after the reimport.

An advise regarding this issue would be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kari Anne,

That sounds odd. Have you tried to restart the application/server?

Ha det gott.

Vit V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vit V,

Yes, we have already performed a restart of the system after the change was performed....

Kari Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej Kari Anne,

Try to manually reload cache in Config > Administration > Cache Management

I don't really know what it does, but it might be worth a shot.

Kind Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Since last time I have reloaded cache as you proposed.

(A good tip, thank you!)

I also restarted the system, again.

And I deleted and recreated the methodology process.

Still I have the same error

We have decided to open an OSS note regarding this issue now. So then we will see if they can help us....

BR

Kari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karri Ann,

This definitely sounds like a bug. This used to be an issue during ERM (RE) 5.2. Check with SAP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have now received a clarifying answer from SAP regarding this issue.

What I tried to do was to add the authorization step to a methodology process specific for composite roles. The reason why I wanted to do this change was that we wanted to enable the link to PFCG in the backend system to be able to maintain the menu for the composite role as part of the ERM process.

SAP explains that they have built in logic to always skip the authorization step for composite roles since maintenance of composite roles, adding and removing single roles, is done from the ERM tab for this purpose.

So the error was not that ERM would not (in general) apply a change to the methodology process.

Our solution now is that we will keep our methodology process the way it was already set up and advise the organization to maintain the role menu directly in the backend system whenever this is necessary to do.

In case you need to change a methodology process some time:

SAP informed us that you in that case have to, like I already experienced in an earlier phase of this project, delete and reimport your roles to ERM for the roles to correctly attach to the new methodology process.

BR

Kari.

Answers (0)