cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Backorder and Rescheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can any one plz tell me the difference between V_RA (Backorder) and V_V2 (Rescheduling) transaction.

I know that V_RA is used to confirm the orders which are not confirmed earlier but still its not very clear how its different then V_V2. What are the steps in the transaction which need to carry out, If i want to prioritize the processing of any order. If please possible please also explain the V_V2 screen options.

It would be really helpful if you could explain this with some example.

I would really appriciate if anyone can provide any hint to any useful link regarding this.

Thanks in advance for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can any one plz tell me the difference between V_RA (Backorder) and V_V2 (Rescheduling) transaction.

I know that V_RA is used to confirm the orders which are not confirmed earlier but still its not very clear how its different then V_V2. What are the steps in the transaction which need to carry out, If i want to prioritize the processing of any order. If please possible please also explain the V_V2 screen options.

It would be really helpful if you could explain this with some example.

I would really appriciate if anyone can provide any hint to any useful link regarding this.

Thanks in advance for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the difference between CO06 and V_V2 ? Both seem to be backorder rescheduling transactions.

CO06 - Material - Back order Processing (rescheduling program SAPLATP4)

V_RA - SD Document - Backorder Processing (rescheduling program SAPMV75B)

V_V2 - Execute Rescheduling/ Rescheduling Sales and Stock Transfer Documents: by material

The rescheduling program (SDV03V02) behind the V_V2.

CO06 confirmed qty can't be change

I want to change the confirmed qty in orders and use tcode CO06, but it prompt " please select a line that can be changed". I selected the blue line ... can someone tell me why the confirmed qty can't be changed, any restrict condition if I want to change it?

Run the report SDRQCR21 for the said material/plant and then check if its confirmation from CO09 goes out or not.

This report is basically is run in case of inconsistency of stock, removal of confirmation of stock and if some stock is blocked under some unwanted processes like old SO's, deliveries, STO's etc then that stock can be released via this report.

Confirm quantity in schedule line

I'm using service material in my sales order and I need the schedule line to confirm the quantity always in the actual day (not depending on the delivery date).

"Purchase requisition with delivery scheduling" is not checked and still the quantity is not confirmed on the sales order date (todays date).

What I need is:

- Create a sales order with todays date: 29-09-2009

- Schedule line: quantity confirmed on todays date 29-09-2009

But my quantity is confirmed for the next day. I'm using service material.

To solve your issue:

T. Code: VOV8

Select your Sales Doc. type and Double-Click.

In Tab: Shipping,

Check Box: Immediate Delivery (press F1 to read more about this functionality).

Note: There are few more settings that you may check:

1. T. Code: OVLZ

Field: Pick/pack time wrkdys whether you have maintained any value. It should have been blank.

2. T. Code: VOV8

Check how many days mentioned in Lead time in Days. If it is mentioned any days, remove it.

3. T. Code: OVZ9

Checked the Box: Check without RLT .

4. Check in material master MRP2 view how many days are maintained for the fields In-House production and GR Processing Time.

Hope this will help you !!!

Regards,

KRishna O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BACK ORDER PROCESSING means, the Order which was confirmed on certain date later for a low priority customer and one high priority customer has come to business with delivery date earlier than the above order and stock is not available in the plant to meet the delivery date of the High priority customer. Now system will confirm the quanity of the order which was confirmed and low priority to the High priority customer and make the Low priority order as the Back order

Processing of the Back orders to meet the requested delivery date is called RESCHEDULING.

Hope it is clear now

regards

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

My query was for V_RA and V_V2, not for CO06. Apart from this I want to understand the screen of Rescheduling and the meaning of improvement and detoration button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Then why there is a need of two different transaction. I am confused, as some ppl say that backorder program can re-assign the stock to high priority order, but then rescheduling program also do the same. isnt it?

Apart from this, i tried running both the transaction, and found that in backorder I have to ultimately go in to each order and reassign the stock.

To me, back order program is just listing all the unconfirmed order for a perticular material and plant, allow u to change them manuallly from same transaction only.

Let me know if this can do something more than this, and how?

Thanks.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Backorder Processing - Backorder processing is the processing of a backorder. Now, a backorder means a sales order which has not been confirmed in full or has not been confirmed at a certain delivery date.

For instance, you receive an order from a very important customer for material "A" but the entire quantity of A is committed to another customer "B" via earlier sales orders and this is where BACKORDER processing helps you to change the commitment and shift stock due for B to A. This is the benefit of this functionality.

Rescheduling - Rescheduling on the other hand is a proposal which can enable confirmed quantities already assigned to sales orders might be reassigned to other orders. This reassignment may be required due to an order of higher priority which may require an earlier delivery date.

For Instance, the entire quantity can be delivered in one delivery but at a later date, as a comparison of quantities for this line reveals an increase.

Thanks & Regards

JP