cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get the source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am preparing TSD and am unable to understand the scenario. In the systems involved they have mentioned BI, PI and FTP. But the documentation is not clear about the source. The receiver is FTP.

The input file struture says that there are ttwo input files in dat format. So shouldn't it be a file to file scenario ? The process flow diagram is missing in the document. They have mentioned that the text files are in the PI layer, that implies its NFS and File sender but then why BI involved ?

Again if it's file to file, then whats BI's role in it ? Can BI send data as text file ? As near as I can determine, BI can onnly send data in Idoc or Proxy. So is this a File to File or Idoc to File scenario ?

Regards

Midhun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Without understanding the actual requirement, We can not assume and design anything. I would rather suggest you to push back the Functional owner or whomever have given you the specification to prepare TSD.

Dont be afraid to ask be it simple or complex doubts, only then you will succeed in becoming a good interface designer.

Regards

Krish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you copy paste and mail the same questions to your functional guy who has written the FS then I guess you will get 100% answer and defiantly you will fell more confident if something similar happens in future.

This you have to handle yourself.