cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get access in ccBPM to subnode collection of message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have Integration process which takes quite complicated message as an input. This message contains node of 1..n cardinality. My goal is to somehow iterate over this subnode and send its content - record by record - to some receiver (after transformation).

How to model such case?

TIA

Best Regards

Maciej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've solved it by creating proper mapping of this node to separate message, and putting transformation step in BPM.

Thanks for support

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you specify the actual requirement of your scenario? I would assume you want to use multiline containers which works like an array object and stores more than one message into it.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not exactly

There is only one input message, but containing collection of elements. I need to access this collection and send its records independently as outbound messages.

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing, I would like to know why you want to send record by record as individual transmission. Are you using a file or what kind of receiver is as the target.

It looks suprising to send record by record as I have never heard of scenario like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's very possible that due to my lack of experience I'm trying to do whole thing wrong.

So: receiver adapter is JDBC on MSSQL and Im supposed to put all records from mentioned collection as inserts into one table.

Any better scenarios than mine (as it is so strange) are very welcome.

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume your scenario is related to receiver JDBC where you just need to create the proper structure required for JDBC. Check sdn for many jdbc related scenarios.

The message mapping will copy all the records and jdbc adapter would put all records in single shot. So you do not need any record to record mapping.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You assume correct. My JDBC adapter is configured properly, mapping is also correct - I've tested it in other, simplier scenario.

How should my mapping be configured to achieve collection insert into table with one shot?

Message mapping is correct, so I assume, that some configuration must be made in operation mapping?

Regadrs

Maciej

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 This message contains node of 1..n cardinality. My goal is to somehow iterate over this subnode and send its content - 
record by record - to some receiver (after transformation).
I need to access this collection and send its records independently as outbound messages.

Use a Block in your BPM....its mode will be ForEach...include a Send Step inside it....rest is explained in this blog:

/people/milan.thaker/blog/2008/08/05/modes-in-block-step-of-bpm

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried to do so, but I got stuck on transforming input message's subnode containing data to be sent into container multiline variable to be used in forEach block.

Is there any way to copy subnode's data into some other container element?

I've tried to use container operation but I've got error saying that types are incompatible (either wrong expression in XPath or some other mistake?)

How to iterate this data from single message subnode?

Regards

Maciej