cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datenavigator customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to display a calendar control with a fair amount of customisation contained within. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Requirements

*Make days in calendar inactive or non selectable dependant on business rules.

Colour days that i deem to be available/unavilable.

Not display weekends.*

Thanks in advance

D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

There is a calendar Utility component in WDA , Compoent Name : FITV_VC_CALENDAR .

This component have many Options regarding Calendar Utility like Legents , marking Etc .. Go through it and

Reuse that component in your Component .

Regards

Chinnaiya P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can't find this component in WD (SE80), could it be because using ECC6 EHP 7.0?

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since the component name is FITV - this isn't a NetWeaver Component - so it is application specific - probably HR from experience. So not really a reusable utility (and problem doesn't exist until at least ERP 6.0 Enhp4).

There is a DateNavigator UI element:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/81/ab884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

This is what you would have to use to build the kinds of customization you are suggesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I've been using the datenavigator UI element to accomplish these tasks. Just thought there was an easier way getting the functionality for free. Still have no way to make individual dates disabled but can control this from the ONDAYSELECT event with logic.

Am i right in saying there's a calendar control in one of the higher Enhancement packs? Can't wait til Basis have time to upgrade.

BTW, Thanks for all the great wikis and articles. Best source of info i've found.

David

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Am i right in saying there's a calendar control in one of the higher Enhancement packs?

Sorry that is not correct. There is an expanded calendar control in Web Dynpro Java in NetWeaver CE 7.10 and higher, but this is one of the rare UI elements that is Web Dynpro Java only. There simply hasn't been enough internal demand to implement the UI element interface for this control in Web Dynpro ABAP.

You would either have to use the DateNavigator as is - or some projects have done a nice job simulating a calendard using just a table. I also have a demo where I built an extended calendar using FlashIslands in 7.01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a similar requirement, so please let me know if you able to achieve this.

Thanks

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have exact similar requirement where I have to disable certain dates based on business rule.

I am umsing EP 7.3, NWDS 7.3.

I am trying to achieve this functionality through Webdynpro Java.

I tried all possible option available in the forum.

I used date picker, DateNavigator,Calender etc.

If I make the property enable = false, then its making the entire calender  disable and I wont be able to go to any other month.

So is there any way that I can make certain date (Based on certain business rule)in the calender .

Regards

-sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have exact similar requirement where I have to disable certain dates based on business rule.

I am umsing EP 7.3, NWDS 7.3.

I am trying to achieve this functionality through Webdynpro Java.

I tried all possible option available in the forum.

I used date picker, DateNavigator,Calender etc.

If I make the property enable = false, then its making the entire calender  disable and I wont be able to go to any other month.

Is it possible to achive this functionality (to desable certain date so that the user will not able to select that date)??

If yes, please guide me how to achieve this functionality in WD java??

Any document which explain this functionality will be very helpful.

Regards

-sandip

Answers (0)