cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get source code from portal app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a successful Web dynpro portal application running, which I would like to modify. We lost the source code. Is there any way that I can get the source code from the portal?.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

/Sunita.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunita,

Check out <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9c/8a9383a2aeda4a962446d3c29b9e19/frameset.htm">Getting a Deployable EAR</a>.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balakrishnan,

I got a .EAR File, but I dont know how to convert it into a web dynpro project. Do you have any idea?.

Thanks,

Sunita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunita,

Pick out the .class files from the the .ear file and decompile them. Then, create a new project and copy the required code.

You may refer the following threads as well.

1.)

Bala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can extract class files from app.jar and decompile it(.ear->.wda) but it is only generated classes without metadata. Metadata is stored in .wda file but format is not compatible with studio. That all options you have.

Go through the following links, it will be helpfull to you

Some of the solutions provided in it

[;

[;

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunita:

The best thing that you have to do it, is decompile the classes and rebuild all your project, it has happend to us, and is the way to resolve it, we din´t find another way.

JOshua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Could you please walk through all the steps needed, What do I need to do after I get .Java file?.

Thanks for your help.

/Sunita.