cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration managed SRM 7.0 system in SM 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

could you please advice how to configure managed SRM system in SM 7.0 EHP1?

How to configure technical systems in system landscape?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Please maintain the below Components as relevant components during diagnostics setup.

SRM Server

CCM with SRM-MDM Catalog

Regards,

Jagan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member247083
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Peter, Your post helped me as well. We upgraded a BI system to EHP1 after we had configured SMD. Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

I had the same issue and your post solved it for me. Our EP system stopped collecting data after our upgrade from 7.0 to EHP1, and I had to choose "Not Relavant" and then choose it as relevant again to get EHP1 to show up in Diagnostics Managed System Setup.

Thanks for your contribution.

s0007128803
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

regarding setup warning:

"E2E RFC No data available for extractor activation. Please check product mapping and Software Components in SMSY"

I solved this by changing...

Diagnostics Setup / Managed Systems / (SID) - FRT / Managed Products

from incorrectly set managed product "SAP NETWEAVER 7.0"

to

product as defined in smsy for (SID) - i.e "SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0"

After committing this change, I reran managed system setup and it completed successfully.

Hope this helps someone.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

This [Guide|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000074392009E] has the technical configuration setup for a SRM system. It also has other technical configurations for SAP systems.

I think you will find it very helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured it using ABAP instance.

>

> Hello Alexander,

>

>

> This [Guide|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000074392009E] has the technical configuration setup for a SRM system. It also has other technical configurations for SAP systems.

>

> I think you will find it very helpful.

>

> Regards,

>

> Paul

Shiould I separatly configure Java instance for EarlyWatch Alert? Or not? And How to create EWA for it?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander,

Assuming its an Dual stack system, Please add the Java stack system component with in the system definition of your SRM system and Mark it as relevant instance.

I configured it using ABAP instance.

Once this is done and Configuration of Diagnostics is must for the JAVA stack too for EWA for JAVA. Since You have mentioned you have done Diagnostics for ABAP alone, I would recommend to do the settings for JAVA stack.

On a Dual Stack system, we donot need separate logical component definition for JAVA, the Service definition session(EWA) scheduled for ABAP will also take care of EWA for JAVA.

But if you have separate stacks for system with different SIDs, you shoud configure Diagnostics for JAVA(SID) separately and then schedule the EWA session for that particular<SID> Java alone.

Kindly revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan,

>

> But if you have separate stacks for system with different SIDs, you shoud configure Diagnostics for JAVA(SID) separately and then schedule the EWA session for that particular<SID> Java alone.

SRM have separate Java system. I found SAP note 976054 where is attached document "SAP EarlyWatch Alert for non-ABAP components".

But iI cannot do it because I have SM EHP1 SPS23 and I not found Diagnistics Administration in Work Center. May be anybody have guide for actual version Solution Manager?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander,

SRM have separate Java system. I found SAP note 976054 where is attached document "SAP EarlyWatch Alert for non-ABAP components".
But iI cannot do it because I have SM EHP1 SPS23 and I not found Diagnistics Administration in Work Center. May be anybody have guide for actual version Solution Manager?

Yeah, You donot have these functionality here. Unfortunately, there is no guide available. There are following key points to configure:

1) SRM Java- Should be maintained Properly on solution manager.

2) Diagnositics should be availabe on solution manager for that system as it is the data-source for EWA for java.

3) EWA should be scheduled on solution manager for the Java system on solution manager and it uses service session of solution manager.

Please go ahead with these and let us know any issues in middle, we will try to help you out.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

After complete configuration

I have 2 messages in Diagnostics Setup:

[Wilyhost Agent] Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager(em_host:6001).

[E2E RFC] No data available for extractor activation. Please check product mapping and Software Components in SMSY

Could anybody help me resolve it?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alexander.

Wilyhost Agent Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager(em_host:6001).

You can ignore this warning- Hope it should be a Warning.

For the second error. Seems in SMSY the relavant components are not mapped properly Or while during this configuration,you have not choosen the correct component and have given an ABAP component instead of JAVA.

Also, If its a ABAP component, Please check if the connection is maintained through the first step Managed system setup.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan,

When I try get EWA Report I have following messages:

There was no data on performance and configuration of the database available in the service session for automated analysis. (DB connection configured and tested)

and

Some of the Java performance and workload data from your system was not available automatically for this service session. But via Wily Introscope Web view I can see it and via Workload Analisys.

Could your please help me?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alexander,

Please check whether the data for your JAVA is available for Diagnostics. Solman_workcenter->RCA-> End to End Analysis->Your system<SID>-> Workload analysis

If its not there, it will not be availabel in EWA too.

If the data is missing, You should revisit the Diagnositcs Configuration for managed system.

Webview will always show data once its properly configured (congrats), the same data will be sent to solution manager via the extractors. Seems the Integration of Webview-Solman for diagnostics, or the BI Connection or the Extractors have got problem.

Please check the Workload analysis[ trouble shooting guide|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000703907&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_OBJECT=011000358700000742082007E].

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan,

>

> Please check whether the data for your JAVA is available for Diagnostics. Solman_workcenter->RCA-> End to End Analysis->Your system<SID>-> Workload analysis

> Jagan

Data available.

Could you please advise how to add parameter jstartup/recorder to instance profile? Shoud I add it as is to end profile or not?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the data is present int he workload analysis for the EWA session week (Not for today), with the granularity set to Daily ( not hourly) then you will need to follow the T/S recommended in SAP Note 1332428 - Missing Data in the Service Sessions from BI/CCDB.

Regards,

Paul