cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrestricted stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

For one material, though inspection type is active and preffered inspection indicator is checked, while MIGO system automatically posting it to unrestricted.

Insp type is copy of 01, movement type is 101.In QM view, post to inspection stock indicator is checked.

What may be the reason?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

What is the stock Type showing in PO for the perticular GR?

Neel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

stock type is unrestricted use.It should be Quality inspection.

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I think , After PO creation your Quality Inspection setup is maintained, So GR stock type is coming as "Unrestricted Stock" , You have to make it manually "Quality Stock" for this perticular event. From Next PO and GR it will work automatically.

Neel.

Edited by: Neel_QM on Jun 9, 2010 7:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Why you are using copy of Inspection type 01?. If you are using Inspection type 01 for some material your TL usage will be 05. If you are using copy of inspection type 01 say Z01, then u need to use different TL usage for GR Insepction. If you are not using differnt usage then Inspection lot won't get triggered. Second thing check spro setting for "default value of Inspection type:, make sure psot to inspection stock is activated.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This inspection type is activated in many materials of same material type.Same settings are there for all the materials.Though for only 4-5 materials, i am facing this problem.Whatever the things, you are suggesting, if those are missing.Lot will not be generated for any material of same inspection setting.

If PO is created on earlier date and the inspection type is activated later.What will happen?Whether system will generate the inspection lot or not for that material against that PO?

Edited by: sandip raut on Jun 2, 2010 10:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you activate inspection type before MIGo, then its fine. PO wont be a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so here what may be reason for not generating the lot for few materials only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I want to know the reason for copying the Inspection type to Z-Inspection type?. In your case its the problem with the front end work.

For the problematic 4-5 material first u deactivate Inspection type in QM view of material master. Then u make the Inventory stock as Zero for all the problematic material.

Now you check all the relevent setting of QM (Check for same multiple inspection plan of Grp & grp counter for same material). After cross checking now u activate Inspection type for all the material & run the scenario.

with regards,

K.Lokesh.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are using a copy of the 01 variant, you have to make sure that 01 inspection type is marked as ACTIVE. I.e. both the 01 and the custom one is marked as active. You then mark the custom one as the preferred one.

Try it, it will work.

FF

former_member772618
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello:

Pls check the inspection lot, is there status "skip" for these materials?

I doubt may be you set a skip DMR for these materials in material master or inspection plan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspection type 01 is not assigned in material master.Only copy of 01 is assigned and active.Also preferred inspection type indicator is active.Same setting is there in all the materials.Still in few materials only it is not generating the inspection lot.And there is no DMR used.If it is used also, system should generate the inspection lot.Here no inspection lot is generating.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To use a copy of the 01 inspection type, you MUST activate the 01 inspection type. So you should have two inspection types active.

You then set the copied one as preferred.

Without the original 01 active you will run into issues.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

But for the other materials also same setting is done.There is also inspection type 01 is not active.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test it in a sandbox for the materials you are having issues with. If you are confident that all the other master data items mentioned are correct, you have nothing to lose. I have found a lot of inconsistency with this setting. Without setting up an activatiing the 01 variant it seems sometimes the custom inspection types work, sometimes they don't. I don't know why.

Try it. To test it only takes a few minutes of time.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I activate inspection type 01 and copy of 01 both and set the indicator "preferred insp" to copy of 01, always lot with copy of 01 will generate.Then when insp lot with 01 will be generated?when 2 inspection types of same origin are useful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I activate inspection type 01 and copy of 01 both and set the indicator "preferred insp" to copy of 01, always lot with copy of 01 will generate.Then when insp lot with 01 will be generated?when 2 inspection types of same origin are useful?

Generally two inspection types for same inspection lot origin are used when you need to produce the inspection different lots which has different significance like

01-for procurement

0101-model inspection ( but through purchase order only)

0130-External inspection lot( like source inspection or external vendor)

Now coming back to your question when you produce the Zinspection type that is copy of the std inspection type ,for creating lot of Z mvt type it has to be prefered.Second thing which i understand is same inspection type should not be used for same circumstances.If you re using user exit like QAAT0001 |Inspection type determination different from variant 01 then you can activate both inspection type simultaneously .............

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. lets put it this way. WHY would SAP even use a "preferred" check box if you wouldn't have two inspection types of the same origin activated? Think about it. If only one was ever activated, you wouldn't need a preferred indicator!!!!!! Typically you only want inspection type selected. So for automaic assignments you mark the one you want used as preferred. As I said, you should always activate the standard the inspeciton type provided by SAP.

Multiple types are often used for 89 inspections where you might have several inspection types with different plan usages. That way when you create a manual 89, you can select for 2 or 3 different inspection plans based on the different inspection types.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is little different?

We have material master for GMP activity.

QM view maintined for all the material and lot has been generated by "01" inspection type.

now i required that some of the material should be moved directly in to the "Unresrticted" at the time of GR posting.

i have treid this but when we did MIGO, there is option that whether the stock has to move in "Unrestricted" or "Under Quality"

i want that if i have deactivated the QM inspection set up than material has to move in "Unrestricted".

Thanks & Regards

Ms. Kruti Shah

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the 01 inspection type setup, click off the indicator "post to QI stock".

Your material should go directly to unrestricted.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the reason could be OMJJ config .is QM deactivated for this mvt type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

QM is not deactivated.It is happening with few materials only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about the post to insp stock check box in QM view of material master? this has to be ticked. Inspection lot is being generated?

And in MIGO screen, there is a setting tab in overhead panel, you will find default setting option there. Pls check if any setting is made there.

You can post this thread to MM module forum also, may be MM guys can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MIGO, see there is a tab called "where". Go to that tab and check whats selected in the filed "stock type". It should be 2 quality inspection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it should be quality but it is selecting by default unrestricted.And that is the issue.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

Have you assigned this inspection type to appropriate inspection lot origin?

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes inspection type is assigned to lot origin.