cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain vs local installation for BW integration with Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there. I have a doubt. I'm installing the IDES version of BW 2004s. I'm planning to use the Integrating Planning and BW Administrating Cockpit. All these components need JAVA AS and Portal. So, after everything is installed I'll have to integrate BW and Portal and one of the steps is a Single-Sign-On. I've already had problem with SSO. So could you advise me what installation shouls i choose, local or domain, since it's seems its impossible or difficult to set up SSO on a local installation. the point is i only need to use one PC and it's not on any Domain or network.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To configure SSO between your BW system and portal, it is not necessary to install BW as domain installation. Could you please share what problem did you face earlier without that there is not much to help ?

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since, you need to use only one PC & it's not in any domain you'll have to use local installation option. As during the domain installation SAPINST creates user-ids & groups in the domain, which will not be available in your case.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunny and Dubya. Basically Sunny has answered my question, though. i just needed to know if it's possible to install BW and connect it with Portal on a local installation.

Sunny, the problem I faced was when I installed ABAP and JAVA n the same SID, at the time of importing certificates and configuring the SSO it became a nightmare. Now I installed BW ABAP and BW JAVA in different SIDs but in the same PC, the same server, so, I'll see if it's gonna be easier to set up SSO between Portal and BW.

Thank you both.

Points have been assigned.