cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: call failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying send messages with reciever SOAP adapter (IDoc->XI->WebService). Receiving system is getting messages fine and process it. But in XI I am getting following message in MDT Audit Log.

2006-06-27 19:36:46 Success <b>SOAP: call failed</b>

2006-06-27 19:36:46 Success SOAP: sending a delivery error ack ...

2006-06-27 19:36:46 Success SOAP: sent a delivery error ack

2006-06-27 19:36:46 <b>Error SOAP: error occured: com.sap.aii.messaging.mo.MalformedMessageException: java.lang.NullPointerException; nested exception caused by: com.sap.aii.messaging.util.XMLScanException: java.lang.NullPointerException; nested exception caused by: java.io.IOException: Parsing an empty source. Root element expected!</b> 2006-06-27 19:36:46 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: java.lang.NullPointerException

2006-06-27 19:36:46 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: java.lang.NullPointerException

Any help on this would be great.

Thank you,

Indrasena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the call from XI->WebService sychronous or asychronous???

>>Receiving system is getting messages fine

is ther receiving system sending any response back to XI?? if so then looks like the response being sent from the recieving system has some invalid xml data.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Is the call from XI->WebService sychronous or asychronous???

In our scenario, its asynchronous (QoS: EO).

is ther receiving system sending any response back to XI??

I think its not. I checked from receiving system guys, they said they not sending any response. But when I sent SOAP request to server using XML spy it says "<b>The web service has sent an empty response</b>". Do you know any other 3rd party tools to know exactly what the response is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the the call should be Synchronous(QoS: BE).

Regards,

Abhy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First make sure that your input xml message structure to the WebService i.e SOAP adapter is well formed and correct. For this you can test the mapping in the Repository with the live data from the SXMB_MONI.

Also your wsdl structure is correct.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for the reply. If input XML strcture to WebService is not well formed, SOAP adapter is not supposed to deliver the message to target right? (Is it the case SOAP adapter is delivering even XML structure is not well formated, and WebService is accepting it). Because received system is able to process and post the messages. And as XI tries multiple times before status becomes "System Error", message being sent multiple time.Do you have any idea why MDT is showing status <b>success</b> for <b>SOAP: call failed</b>.

Any help on this would be great help.

Thank you,

Indrasena