cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisition and Sales Order Linkage (Order Costing)

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Gurus

I have a scenario where in the Purchase Requisition you can assign acct cat C for Sales Order to item 010 for example. What exactly is this used for I mean is it used to transfer the price of the purchase into the Sales Order? Or its just a linking for reporting purpose? User would like if the purchase order or its requisition price come into the conditions of my Sales Order. Is this possible if yes how or thru which condition type? I was told this is order costing and I have no idea how to configure my sales order in terms of order costing to pull the price of the purchase requisition or purchase order.

Recap

1) What is the purpose of the linkage to the Sales order?

2) Can the price be linked into the sales order this way?

3) Any other valuable information I should know please feel free.

Thanks and hope to hear from you geniuses.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is used in case of 3rd party sales (trading scenario). The sales order can trigger a purchase process. When goods are received, they are assigned to sales order already. The COGS account is hit instead of inventory.

Regards,

Aroop

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Aroop thanks for your reply.

My scenario is not the same as in 3rd party processing. In fact my scenario is make to order and even repairs of other companies machinery. Now what we are trying to achieve is lets say in the repair or in production of the customers machinery or service, MM needs to make a purchase for a part or tool etc. That in itself has a price. Meaning our purchase mm dept has to pay the vendor for the purchase made and in return we need to charge our customer for that purchase. So we would like for the price of the purchase order come in our sales order condition type as a surcharge.

We were able to fetch the price of the production order automatically thru condition type EK02.

We would like to do the same from purchase order.