cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Desktop - error while checking in and storing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus',

We have one problem regarding the CAD Desktop functionality, and we believe that you could help us!

We are doing some tests with CAD-SAP Integration, and when we try to check in document in CAD Desktop, we receive the following error: "Error while checking in and storing c:\...".

Funny thing is that we can check in originals "manually" in SAP GUI when we open DIR, but when we try to check it in via CAD Desktop it is not possible.

In some previous posts I have seen that "hosts" file should be maintained properly, but what bothers me is that we are not using real content server yet (we are still in a test phase and we are checking in documents directly to SAP database).

Does anybody have some idea what could cause this problem?

Thanks for help guys!

Regards,

Karlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it guys!

The problem was that I needed to edit "hosts" file (I have seen that before, but I didn't know the values which had to be added).

Anyway, thanks for help!

Regards,

Karlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karlo,

You need to install the content server and choose K-Pro option in DC10 while defining document types.

Then this problem will not come. SAP database will not support for this. K-Pro will serve the purpose.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

We unfortunately still cannot install the content server, since we are in the early-tests phase.

K-Pro option in DC10 is activated for appropriate Document type.

It is interesting that it works this way on another SAP system (which is configured exactly the same as this one).

Regards,

Karlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For viewing the CAD files Content sever will support. The exact technical stuff I don't know.But as per the previous experience I am sure that if you install k-pro your purpose will get fulfilled. The content server feathures you can get and may know the reason.

But once you install a separate content server instead of the current storage system, your problem will get resolved.

Regards,

Ravindra