cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg automatic syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can able to syndicate the files MANUALLY to desktop . HOW CAN I SYNDICATE THE FILES TO MY DESKTOP IN AUTOMATIC PROCESS ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can automate the syndication process by using Port Concept of MDM Console. You need to define outbound port and need to assign this syndication map in that outbound Port. So in this way you can automate your syndication process, you can also schedule this file on daily, weekly basis etc. By default file come to Ready folder of your outbound port from where either with the help pf PI/XI or Scripting you can move file to other locations. You need Syndication Server (MDSS) for automatic export of file.

Please find document on concept of MDM Import and Syndication Server and Ports.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1df...

Other way is that you can also do it using MDM Workflow and with the help of MDM Syndication server (MDSS)

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mandeep i think you havent got my question correctly ! IN automatic syndication i want to syndicate the files to desktop . Manually i can syndicate the files to desktop but in automatic i dont know how to syndicate the files to desktop . i know the automatic syndication process for mdm-bi ,mdm-ecc , but i dont know how to sydicate thefiles to desktop specially to desktop only??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have already got your requirement correctly. As per my understanding you can not automatically populate files on your desktop directly. As i said above, you need to make use of PI or any scripting language to move file from Ready folder of OUTBOUND port where by default file goes when you define PORT and make use of Syndication Services (MDSS) to the desired location (desktop).

Hope you got my point..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all that is not a standard practice. By default MDM syndicates the data to outbound ready folder of the repository in an automatic export scenario.

If you still want to syndicate data to your desktop then, give the distribution root directory path to your desktop in MDS.INI.

and you need to make your desktop directory sharable to MDM Server.

Another way is syndicate data to Oubound Ready Folder of MDM Server, and Make that folder sharable. Come to your desktop. Use simple windows copy command to copy/paste files to your desktop. Schedule command using Windows scheduler.

Although these all methods are non-standard and only for practice purpose and not highly recommended.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks a lot .