SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts reassignments during commitment carryforward

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had change in organizational structure and now need functional restructuring during year change operations.

We want to make account reassignments with the carryover.

If in the Customizing of Funds Management I have defined that commitment carryforward and budget carryover are possible.

Account assignment change is allowed during the commitment carryforward of purchase orders.

Strategy for Reassignment with relationships of the u201Coldu201D to the u201Cnewu201D account assignment is made.

And now I ran FMJ2 to do purchase order carryforward.

But it appears to have ignored the assignment change, and ignored any subsequent activity applied to the new assignment.

Assignment stay as it was.

Has anybody else enountered this? Can anybody tell me what may be causing this, and how to fix it?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run FMJ2 for POs I have the output - my PO is taken by the program, without errors.

Account assignment's "sender" and "reciever" are identical.

Where field status should be ready for change of Account assignment data? In purchase order? Yes, these fields in PO are changeable.

But I don't want to change account assignments right in PO - I try to reassing it with FMJ2. Is it right? Or I schould change account assignment directly in PO?

Yes, I see my document in FMIOI table with original account assignment.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you run FMJ2 for POs, do you have the output? Are these POs taken by the program? If yes, does the output report show any errors?

Regards,

Eli

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

More questions for you:

- Is your field status ready for change of Account assignment data?

- Have you seen if the FM document (entry in table FMIOI) has been changed and the old FM account assignment still remains in the PO (ME23N)

In such case, maybe BAPI_PO_CHANGE is not working correctly. See if notes 1361190 and 1122552 are installed in your system

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run FMJ2 for POs I have the output - my PO is taken by the program, without errors.

Account assignment's "sender" and "reciever" are identical.

Where field status should be ready for change of Account assignment data? In purchase order? Yes, these fields in PO are changeable.

But I don't want to change account assignments right in PO - I try to reassing it with FMJ2. Is it right? Or I schould change account assignment directly in PO?

Yes, I see my document in FMIOI table with original account assignment.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your sender and receivers are identical, maybe you should check your derivation strategy. You can turn the trace On in FMYC, then run FMJ2 and look at the trace log. See note 666322 which explains how to deal with the trace tool for derivations.

fmj2 should be able to reassign the PO, you should not need to change the PO directly.

Let me know if your derivation strategy needs to be adjusted

Kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

It's strange, but in FMYC I recieve empty trace list. In FMDERIVE everything is ok.

Look like strategy for reassignments doesn't work at all. Why?

In "Assign Derivation Strategy for Reassignment to FM Area" I have the following:

FMA: 1000 (mine)

Sender FY: empty

Clng Optns: *

Derivation strategy: mine

What I forgot?

0 Kudos

Please, fill the sender year and try again...

0 Kudos

Eli, thank you very much!))

Now derivation strategy for reassingnment works! But it works wrong - I don't understand where I made a mistake.

Let me describe my derivation for reassignment.

I have 4 steps. In first three I initialyze:

1. Initialization of commetment item - Derivation performed successfully. Value before:1, Value after: (blank)

2. Initialization of Fund - Derivation performed successfully. Value before:3, Value after: (blank)

3. Initialization of Fund center - Derivation performed successfully. Value before:7, Value after: (blank)

4. Derivation rule, with simple rule value, for example: 1/3/7(source fields)=1/3/1(target fields) - Derivation not performed. Reason:source field contains no value.

And now I have 2 mistake messages in FMJ2:

The value BLANK/SPACE is not valid; acct assgmt element Funds Center (strategy for reassignment) - Message no. FMCF803

The value BLANK/SPACE is not valid; acct assgmt element Commitment Item (strategy for reassignment) Message no. FMCF803

0 Kudos

Hi Irina,

Please, describe your 4th rule more specifically...

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi, Eli!

4th rule look like this: active derivation rule.

Source fields:

Commitment Item (AVC_COMMIT_ITEM)

Fund (AVC_FUND)

Funds center (AVC_FUNDS_CENTER)

Target fields:

Receiver Commitment Item (Fiscal Year Change FM) (TARGET_COMMIT_ITEM)

Receiver Fund (Fiscal Year Change FM) (TARGET_FUND)

Receiver Funds Center (Fiscal Year Change FM) (TARGET_FUNDS_CENTER)

Tabs "Condition" and "Attributes" contain no data.

Rule values:

(source fields)1/3/7 = 1/3/1 (target fields)

Is it all right?

Irina

0 Kudos

I think, this mistake arise because I get blank target fields after derivation in first three steps.

But why are they blank - dont' understand.

Best wishes,

Irina

0 Kudos

Did you state in the fourth rule, that the target fields should be overwritten with the new values? I guess, this is the cause of your problem...

0 Kudos

Eli, where should it be stated?

0 Kudos

Near each target field, there is a button (in 'Detail' column). Press, this button and select 'Overwrite With New Value' option.

0 Kudos

Hello, Eli!

The problem is solved!

The reason was not only in this option 'Overwrite With New Value' but also in correct source fields.

I mistakenly stated fields "AVC_FUNCTION_AREA", "AVC_FUNDS" and "AVC_FUNDS_CENTER" as Source. And I recieved them blank.

Everything began to work correctly when these feilds were changed on "SOURCE_COMMIT_ITEM", "SOURCE_FUND" and "SOURCE_FUNDS_CENTER".

Thank you very much for your help!

Irina