cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one material which is externally procurred. I have activated quality management (inspction type 01)for this.

In some cases I ask my vendor to deliver materail directly to my customer (Third party item category S). in that case when I do GR for this PO inpection lot should not be created.. I want to take this material in unrestricted directly as we dont get the stock at all.

In some cases we get the stock of this material (Normal PO) in that case inspection lot should be created and material should be posted ti QI stock.

How can we do this.

please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As Sujith told, activate source inspection and do this inspection when ever yous end this material to Customer directly and in that case, if source inspection is lot will go directly to unrestricted and if source inspection not done you can manage to create an inspection lot.

But one issue I forsee here is you can generate only one inspection lot per PO, i think so..Usually with single PO, we will have many partial deliveries.

Thanks

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

If I use source inspection then also I have to create inspection lot by QI07 right? Is there anything by which we can restrict inspection lot creation.

As we dont receive any material in third party scenario we dont want to create inspection lot . we have to make UD without testing.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have to make UD without testing

UD is made over inspection lot. You can bypass result recording by force closing the MICs, but hoe would you do UD w/o insp lot?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your asking the impossible since when you do the GR, how is SAP to know that the sub contractor shipped the product directly to the customer? You have to bring the stock into the system to carry out the invoicing, etc.. If you have a way of knowing which material went directly to the customer, use one of the following user exits to change the inspection type to be used. Set up the secondary inspection type with the indicator "check chara" turned off. This means you'll only have to do a UD on the lot.

QAAT0001 Inspection type determination different from variant 01

QAAT0002 Control of acceptance lots/goods receipt

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for your reply. If we ship material directly to the customer then item category in PO is S (Third party.). From here system come to know that this is third party order.

Thannks.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Than you use that indicator as the criteria in the user exit.

I was under the impression that when the PO was first created, you didn't know if it was going directly to the customer or not at that time.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

need development...

check user exits.. if item category S... post to unrestricted ..kind of devlopment

no straight forward solution

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a suggestion.Can you not use source inspction for this? This can be acheived by the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not standard SAP scenario, neither its best practice to do so.

At the most, create two different material codes. One for direct to customer (dont activate insp. type 01 in that in material master), other for your organization (Activate insp. type 01 for that). So for second material lot will be generated while for the first one put the material directly to unrestricted usage.