cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate client load SAP webdispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The SAP web dispatcher and icm has an option to generate some client load.

os command> icmon pf=/sapmnt/SID/profile/SID_W66_<host>

m - menue > g - generate client load

I figured out how to generate client load with the ping option.

Does anyone know how to use the option "Get request data from file" to test an application?

And how this file should be filled with data to test if this is possible?

Kind regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

Your answer was very helpful. It seems that I can only add one line(request) to the file for generating load. This is strange.

I also figured out how to simulate load for the "login" procedure by adding userid an passwd in the header through a variable.

Login.txt:

(POST /irj/portal?login_submit=on&login_do_redirect=1&no_cert_storing=on&j_user=<userid>&j_password=<password>&j

_authscheme=default&uidPasswordLogon=Aanmelden HTTP/1.0)

I also made a file with a request for calling a webdynpro like travel but then I receive a 401 error (Authentication error)

I think this is because of the cridentials. Local you receive a cookie on operationg system you don't receive any cookie Any idea how to test this? Or how to test an application in a portal enviroment?

Kind regards,

Marcel

Edited by: M. Peters on Jun 1, 2010 1:16 PM

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

Apologize for my delay in backing to you....

Sorry I have no idea about your last questions...

Regards,

Rafa

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel.

You can specifiy a file on os-level that contains an HTTP request.. E.g. Req.txt that contains one line with the following text >

GET /sap/public/ping HTTP/1.0

You could also use the recording of an HTTPWatch session and copy and paste it into a file to let the icmon act as a client and request exactly the same HTTP-data as from the HTTPWatch trace.

Within the optional attributes you could specify additional header fields as described in many of the HTTP RFC's.

The following webpage gives information on icmon switches:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0b/6aedff404d6b4a8cac8f1359e1b47c/content.htm

Regards,

Rafael