Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Translate Problem

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

i have an adobe form, where i use element TEXT and type in some plain text.

now i want to translate these textes - and for some reason - i do not wand to use include-texts, textobjects etc.

when navigating to the translations these texts never appear on the screen?

what am i doing wrong?

best regards

oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I assume that you have followed these steps:

1) Open your form in SFP transaction , from the top menu Goto --> Translation

2) Enter the Target language in the small pop up and Ok

3) Find your Adobe form from the <PDFB> PDF-Based Forms, and open it

4) It will open a split screen editor with XML for orginal language in the top and target language in the bottom.

Now to find the Text from the xml :-

Suppose you have a text element with value "Currency in USD" . Try to search in the xml with some part of the plain text , for ex. 'Currency' or 'in USD' etc. I am sure you will be able to find it in the xml. Then replace it with the translation.

Regards,

Deepa

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

than for your anwer....

i tried this but i did not see the tets in the xmml - weird isn't it?

so to avoid any problems, i used text modules (smartforms transaction and creating texts there) und these texts can of coure be translated.

i have no idea how this can be done inside the adobe tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver, when yout "Goto" -> "Translation" you should get a tree with 2 nodes:

• Forms and Styles

• Partial Delivery 2

There are 2 ways to go from here:

1) Click the "Sequential" button which takes you first to the silly XML. If you click the green SAP back button you will see your labels.

2) If you expand the tree "Partial Delivery 2" then "TLGS" you should see SFPF<name of your form> Double click here to translate your labels.

Another way is in SE63

1) Menu "Translation" -> "ABAP Objects" -> "Short Texts"

2) "S2" -> "TLGS"

3) Assuming your form is called "ZTEST2" then enter SFPFZTEST2* and use the search help (F4)

4) You will get soimething like "SFPFZTEST2 02". Now choose the target language

5) Click Edit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had the same issue.

I translate the xml data from english to french apply the changes and it works the first time.

The next time I change something in the xml the new data never appears even though it is saved and it is located in the translation place.

This seems to be some caching issue and the only fix I could find is to wait a few days. It usually works by the time the client asks you if that task is completed :D.

So, make the translation ONLY when the adobe forms is completed and needs no more changes, and do the translation in one shot so you don't need to apply fixes.

To ensure you do everything correctly, I suggest you use an online XML formatter that formats the xml to look nice instead of a one liner. Afterwards use Notepad++ with xml syntax highlighting to make the changes.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder why do you have ten times more posts than points. You´d better consider helping some other people to show you´re worth helping. We don´t like the people who don´t give anything back here...Otto

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

thx for your nice contribution

i move to service.sap.com as we pay for the software (a lot)