cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table SXMSPMAST - Remaining entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have launched report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES in order to delete entries in SXMSPMAST with an 'ITFACTION' = 'DEL'.

It worked fine, but I still have many entries left with 'DEL' status that won't get deleted.

Most of the entries left have MSGTYPE = A, QOSMODE = EO and MSGSTATE = 3.

Do you have an idea why there are still entries left with ITFACTION = DEL after having launched RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there actually are tons of things that can affect deletion

and all of them are described in OSS note: Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI

can you please have a look at it first ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to both of you

Actually Michal, I think it comes from this from the note :

Check if there are message with missing qRFC entries. This happens if a user deletes queue entries using transaction SMQ2 instead of (correctly) canceling messages via transaction SXMB_MONI. Messages without queue entries can neither be restarted, nor deleted or archived. SAP has delivered a report to help you cleaning up this type of message status. Please use the report that is described in detail in Note 688147. Keep in mind that deletion of qRFC entries is not recommended at all in an SAP environment. It creates inconsistencies between the tables TRFCQIN and TRFCQSTATE / TRFCQDATA and the XI tables SXMSPMAST which causes the problems for archiving / deletion. Use Note 779664 to check for inconsistencies in the tRFC tables.

So I prefer not to touch since not recommmended

Thanks again,

Jamal

Former Member
0 Kudos