Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"PO_DEL_POSSIBLE" does not permit to delete a PO ! :-(

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI SRM Experts, now I have a really hard question for you 😃

For some reason, I cannot delete a PO that was made from a SC. PO documents created from scratch can be erased without any problem.

But, PO documents linked to SC cannot be erased. An abap guy helped me in order to debug the screen, and he found that the flag "PO_DEL_POSSIBLE" is the cause of this behavior.

Im not sure, but I think this behavior is located in function group "BBP_PO_UI_ITS".

Do you know how can I fix this ?

Thanks for your help !

Kind regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi guys,any idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

here are the only checks that block PO deletion in SRM 4.0:

- Follow on doc created (GR or IV)

- no deletion allowed if PO already successfull outputed

- deletion not allowed if there is an active change version

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Im a little bit worried about check #2.

So, If the PO is successfully outputed (sent to the vendor), EBP (tx: bbp_poc) is not able to delete the PO ?

Thanks for your help 😃

Regards,

diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I was a little bit surprised as well.

But this is what a saw in the code of SRM 4.0 & 5.0.

This control is linked to message BBP_PD 200 <b>Purchase orders that have been ordered cannot be deleted</b>.

In term of process, you will have to "delete" all PO items and send this OrderChange to the supplier.

There is also another control: to enable the "delete" button, the system simulate the cancellation action. So if the customizing of a system or user status prohibit the deletion action, then the simulation fails and the button is disabled.

Rgds

Christophe

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ups.. that explains everything =(

My last question: if I delete all the PO items and then send the OrderChange to the supplier and everything is "fine". But I want EBP put those items in BBPSOCO1 in order to create a new PO.

Just to check... is this possible in the standards ?

because some guys told me is not possible, but some others confirm that it is possible ! =(

Thank so much Christophe, I appreciate your advice on this !

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard if the PO was already created from SOCO, i.e. if the SC item was initially sent to the SOCO.

If not the case (the SC was not initially sent to the SOCO) then there is no reason to send it to SOCO once the PO item is deleted.

You will have to change/complete standard code to enable this process.

Rgds

Christophe

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

All my PO's are created from SOCO.. so Ill try to "cancel" the PO at an Item Level and see the results in SOCO 😃

Thanks a lot Christophe !

*Points rewarded 😃

Regards,

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The system works beautiful 😃 my "canceled" items appeared in SOCO 😃

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristophe,

Everything works fine, when I delete a position it appears available for the Purchaser in SOCO.

Just a question: I have noticed that this process takes 10 mins aprox. Example: the purchaser delete the position and 10 mins after appears in SOCO.

Do you know why does it takes 10 mins ? Could I modify this time ?

Thanks for your help !

Kind regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

no you can not modify this processing time. This is purely system dependant.

When deleting the PO item, the changes are commited into the DB, in an update task. During this update task, as the SC was initially sent to the SOCO, the system will reactivate the Sourcing Flag for the SC item. For this, there is also a DB update.

So if your system is slow or overloaded, the update tasks can take more or less time, and you have to wait.

But 10 mins is really impressive, it should normally take between 2 seconds to few minutes.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok, thanks Christophe.

Answers (0)