Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table maintainence in Production in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have recently done an upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0. currently in UAT phase.

I have an issue in maintaining tables.

In pevious version i.e R3 4.6c even the client setting are " NO changes to repository and customizing objects" they are able to maintain some tables through some parameter transactions.

But in ECC , we are not able to maintain the tables.

Please let me know what settings needs to be done, for tables to be maaintainable in ECC.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

Edited by: Sanketh Teegala on May 28, 2010 6:33 AM

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain authoriztion groups for each customized table and then include these in the object S_TABU_DIS ( activity -02,03)

regards,

Anil.S

0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

Authorization groups are already created and miantained.

But i want to know what configuration needs to be done to set few tables to be maintainable in production. even after the client settings are not Modifiable.

Thanks,

sanketh.

0 Kudos

> But i want to know what configuration needs to be done to set few tables to be maintainable in production. even after the client settings are not Modifiable.

You can have the setting enabled through transaction SE06. i.e set a specific name space as modifiable.

Note: Direct table updates should not be allowed in production clients.

Thanks.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh

Are the updates done through SM30 or SE16 in production or a Z* transaction has ben created for table updates.

Thanks.

Anjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh,

What error message you get when you try to update the table?

PS: Its a best practise not to update the table directly in production, instead do it in dev and transport the changes till production.

0 Kudos

Error:

Client status not modifiable, Select 'display object' or 'cancel'.

There are few tables which need ot be maintained in production, so they want the same to be there after upgrade also.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

0 Kudos

> Client status not modifiable, Select 'display object' or 'cancel'.

SE06 settings should resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Anjan

0 Kudos

I had checked in my production system

Client settings are "NO Changes allowed" and all settings in SE06 are NOT modifiable.

Even the user is able to maintain in table in production.

Please let me know how is this possible.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

0 Kudos

Hi Saketh,

You need to get two things checked from an ABAPer/developer:

1 - Get the properties of the table checked(SE11) in both the versions(ECC and 4.6c).

For ECC6 - Check out the "Delivery and Maintenance" tab and check for the values of "Data Browser/Table View Maint". Ideally as per your requirement it should be " Display/Maintenance Allowed".

For 4.6C - There is flag of "Table Maintenance Allowed" in "Attributes"which I guess would be "checked" .

2 - Also check if the table maintenance view is generated in ECC and 4.6C.

Note: Compare above two points for production landscape only, i.e 4.6c production to ECC production.

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

I had checked table properties, Data Browser/Table View Maint- Display/Maintainence allowed.

and table maintainence generator is present.

We had still yet upgraded the production system, users are testing this isn quality.

as they are able to maintain the tables in production 4.6c , they want to ensure that they will have access to maintain tables in production even after upgrade and they want to test the same in quality.

Thanks,

Sanketh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the below link if you don't want to change settings in SE06.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/table-maintenance-without-setting-sys...

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which are the tables or parameter transactions they need to update directly in production?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The search term you are looking for is "SOBJ". Talk to your functional folks about the "current settings" option and make sure the client role is set correctly (Production or Test), otherwise it does not work.

Cheers,

Juluis

0 Kudos

Issue has been resolved.

Client role has been changed to Production from test, then we were able to maintain the table in Quality.

Thank you vey much for your valuable suggestions.

Sanketh.