cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

universe not showing correct filters after refreshed

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP BO XI 3.1, when i am trying to refresh data in a webi report, its giving error, Invalid prompt definition contact BO admin WI 00005.

Though i deleted all filters in Bex query, save the query, import universe, refresh univerese, save universe, export universe still webi report is showing the same error, but if all the filters are removed it shouldn't show that error?

The filters are still available in Universe, but once filters are deleted from query there shouldn't be filters in universe after refreshed.

After universe is refreshed clicked the check button it showed me 15 errors on filters with message Invalid prompt definiton, supplied XML doc is not valid.

Can any one please help me out i really need this very soon.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all what Service Pack and Fix you are running.

Secondly when you refresh the universe do you check delete obselete objects?

Regard,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP2 and Fix Pac 2.2

Yeah i checked Delete Obsolete objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens exactly after universe refresh:

<li>Filters are deleted and this is a normal behaviour?

<li>Filters are NOT deleted and this is not normal?

Can you clarify the point?

Here is a simplified description of universe refresh:

<li>Generate a new universe in memory

<li>Compare the universe to refresh and the generated universe:

<li>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Add new objects in the universe to refresh

<li>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Delete or hide obsolete objects in the universe to refresh

<li>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Update objects (that need to be updated) in the universe to refresh

<li>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Delete all filters that are based on SAP variables and regenerate them if needed

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Filters are NOT deleted after universe is refresh though i check delete obselete filters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there filters that have previously been automatically generated?

Does it mean that you removed SAP variables from the BEx query?

Can you attach the generated universe in the thread to check if there is something wrong (save the universe for all users to remove CMS lock).

Regards

Didier

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is happening with all universes or with one specific universe?

If this is happenin with one specific universe then I will suggest create this univerese again and try to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

not with all universes, the only one which is built on query which i have modified. So if i modify some thing in Bex query, the webi report is showing error multiple query filters contain prompt which have same text.....WIS 00015.

Even though i refreshed, save and import universe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you changed the BEx query definition, did you close Universe Designer and reopen it?

You need to do it because the cache does not refresh the BEx query definition.

Regards,

Didier