cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backend R3 PO processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which function module getting called for backend R3 PO processing?and How one can Debug it and check the logic?

Because standard procedure for ABAP Debug and applying break point is not working .

Pls Help

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for your your reply.

it was helpfull too

Let me recorrect my question

I have created shopping cart and order the same . System doesnt gave any error but does not create backend PO?

Please guide me for this

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amitjd,

What is your technical scenario ?

What is the status of your Shopping Cart in SRM ?

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Create SC on hold, use FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER, setting breakpoint at FM Meta_bapi_dispatch.

Then F8 out of this checking call stack you will know when program is about to transfer the data to the backend.

As an FYI, Meta_bapi_dispatch is always called before any call to the backend.

Then you can F5 into the call function which should be below this, in next screen, near the bottom there will be another "call function".

Have a try, it's not as hard as I am making it out to be

What happens alot of times is that a backend error comes from the backend but SRM doesn't show this error on the screen and so the SRM user doesn't know why nothing is happening.

You will need to click on the table called return[] which after you F6 over the FM that calls the backend will be filled by any backend error messages.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitjd

Is the BBP_PO_INBOUND called in your debugging process ?

Is the Shopping cart in sourcing ?

What is the workflow status of the Shopping cart?

I the BBP_PO_INBOUND and then BAPI_PO_CREATE1 is call , the system should either return an error or created a PO as it is already MM functions .

Regards

Summer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I activated BADI "zBBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW" and set breakpoint (external) for the same .

Then i created shopping cart and orderd the same but BADI "zBBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW"

not getting called how should i go for it.

Please help

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

If BAdI for backend document creation (in your case, a Purchase Order) is not called, this means SC transfer to backend for PO R/3 creation is not triggered.

So, i ask you same questions as previously: what is your SC status ? and its workflow status ?

As you wrote you ordered your SC, if no validation is necessary (or all approvers approved the SC), you SC wokflow status should be "Completed".

If it is not the case, check if LUW are in status failed for transactional RFC in SM58. By double-clicking on message status, you should have the reason (it could be a missmatch between RFC user password and definition of your logical destination for your local workflow).

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your response.

As i said i orderd SC and i checked in R3 backend , PO also gets generated so no issue related to shopping cart status.

Only concern is how to debug and why the BADI is not getting called .

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Please see wiki below:

[Shopping cart transfer|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Shoppingcarttransfer]

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

For extended classic PO replication to backend.

Create a PO and put it on hold, then start transaction se37, FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC.

You will need to GUID of the PO which you can get in BBP_PD

1) To debug you can either create a new PO and put on hold or if customer has given you a PO that hasn't transferred,

use that.

2) SE37 FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC and press execute.

You will need to enter the Guid of the PO. Get this from BBP_PD.

3) Execute in debugging Set breakpoint at FM Meta_dpo_transfer

4) Press F7

5) F6 down to the function

CALL FUNCTION call_function

6) F5 into this function

If you scroll down this Function you will notice the line Perform mapping. This contains 2 routines that will put the data into

a form that the BAPI will understand when transferring to the backend. The 2 routines are fill_bapi_header and

fill_bapi_poitem.

Below the mapping you will see a check if BAdI BBP_PO_INBOUND_BADI is active. This is the last chance system has

to change data is the PO. You should watch to see if this is active, if it is, then try comparing the values that are entering

and leaving this BAdI. This may be useful if, for example the wrong price or account assignment is going to the backend.

😎 You can check before running this function what is actually being sent to the backend from this PO by double clicking

on, for example lt_bapi_poitem or ls_bapi_poheader etc. You can enter this function, F6 down to the line PERFORM

create_po and F5 into this and you can debug the function BAPI_PO_CREATE1.

9) If you do not want to go into the backend just press F6 to step over the function.

Double click on lt_bapi_return which is the table that will return any messages from the backend. These can include

warning, information or error messages which may not necessarily show up in the application monitor or in the status

of the PO in SRM.

Hop-e this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

7) You can then F6 down to the Function

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PO_INBOUND' DESTINATION lv_destination

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/summer.wang/blog/2010/05/11/trouble-shooting-of-srm-po-transfer-error

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/Howtoanalyzethefollow-ondocumentdetermination

summer wang and Peter methods ..

muthu