cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCI Punchout Catalog integration in Webdynpro for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to call a external vendor catalog (OCI) from my webdynpro application and consume the values, Can some one help me on how to achieve this ? I am not using SRM. I need to pass the value to ERP system

Thank,

Vinit Pugaliya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

OCI is just http POST interface. Please check the specification.

[original link is broken]

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am able to call site using post, however need some more information. What value should I Pass in Hook_URL, and how do I get the values back from the site ? Would appreciate if you could post me some code for GET and POST.

Thanks,

Vinit

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on how you develop custom shopping cart in Java.

It is like your shopping cart URL (HOOK_URL) is called with parameters from catalog html page.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am not developing the shopping cart, all I need to do is get the values from the supplier catalog. So if I am calling the catalog from the WebDynpro JAVA application in my iFrame UI, what is the HOOK_URL value I shall pass, and how do I read back the post parameter in the same application without having a refresh.

Thanks,

Vinit

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain your business scenario from business point of view. If you need to get some data from external web site in background without any dialog interface, OCI may not be right technology.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I need to get the data from supplier catalog, just like it happens in ECC or SRM. But in this case I need to use that from SAP Portal using WebDynpro as we do not have SRM.

Thanks,

Vinit Pugaliya

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

HOOK_URL should be your custom WebDynpro Java application URL which shows item overview/item list.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Please let me know how to get the current webdynpro application URL.

Agree with you, however, when the websitee redirect to the webdynpro application, it will refresh the entire application and in result i will loose all my existing data.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit

We're in the exact same situation today. Did you ever solve it? We're able to call the external catalog via OCI and would like to import the http post response containing the catalog items back into our own webdynpro java app. Would be great if you could share your solution.

BTW: we're not using and do not plan to use SRM

Thanks and best regards

Renaud

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ERP system is capable of using OCI compliant catalogs already, you should not need to configure an external webdynpro application to do so.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I need to build custom screens in webdynpro to support few additional operations.

Thanks,

Vinit