cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Determination with Situation - RETA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I need help with understanding the rule RETA. I understand that it is by site/ situation/storage condition but I am trying to understand the situation portion of this combination.

I am creating a delivery via a sales order and have the delivery type assigned to use RETA using the situation of 21 and the correct storage condition but I am still not getting the SLoc that I am looking for. Can anyone give me a clear explaination of situations and how these are determined so I can configure this correctly please?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the main thing is that the "situations" availabe in RETA are Retail specific - they are controlled by the Retail extension and only available if you use this at all.

"Situations are used mainly in the Retail environment, in particular for allocation table, promotion and cross-docking processes."

The docu says "mainly", but AFAIK there is nothing else...

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can define situations (uses) for storage location determination. This enables storage location determiantion to be operated differently depending on the logistics process.

Situations are used mainly in the Retail environment, in particular for allocation table, promotion and cross-docking processes.

There are three different types for each entry: general, putaway and removal from storage. The system searches for a storage location starting with the special case (situation specific to putaway or removal from storage) and proceeds to the general case.

The situations are entered in the particular environment (allocation tables, cross-docking, logistics documents) in the internal program logic. They cannot be maintained online by the user in logistics documents.

Maintaining new situations is of no effect without modifying the program.

Hope this will help you!!!

Regards,

Krishna O