cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS For BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done tdms for r/3 ,4 iterations for tdtcc,tdtim,bpl.Now my client require tdms solution for bi.Recently i had workshop with sap for tdms erp not bi from my client.Could anyone

what type of quetions will popup from bi functional people and answers for that questions.I have to give some presention for clinet before i start hands-on.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have preprod R/3 system with 700 as source client to preprod BW system 700 client.

Question:

I have done tdms refresh in preprod R/3 system 700 client from prod 700 with 3 months of time slice(TDTIM).Will there be any inconsistency between extraction loads and delta loads between R/3 preprod and BW preprod after tdms refresh.

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you doing TDMS from ECC to BI? i.e

ECC -> Control system->BI

Please confirm. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

No..

I am doing tdms refresh for R/3 form Production client 700 to Preprodduction client 700.My Preprodcution client 700 of R/3 is attched as source client to Preproduction system of BW 700(i am not doing TDMS refresh for BW )

My question:

What type of inconsistency will i have in extraction and delta loads.

Thanks

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

Venkata, TDMS for BI works pretty much as you would except: master data is transferred in full and transactional data (ODS and infocubes) is reduced (based on time dimension). PSA data is not copied.

I am also interested in more information about TDMS for BI.

Questions:

1) Can we reduce data based on other infoobjects (not time related), a kind of TDTCC adapted for BI ?

2) Can we copy only selected cubes, adding to an existing client (similar to BPL) ?

3) If this is not possible, is it at least in the roadmap?

Thanks in advance,

Rui Dantas

0 Kudos

Process Tree for TDMS for BI is much similar to that of ERPs.

- Master Data is completely transferred.

- Transactional data is reduced.

Only Active ODS tables are transferred by default . New tables and change Log tables are not copied.

For Infocubes , only E and F fact tables are reduced, Dimensional tables are completely copied.

- PSA data is not transferred by default.

- Technical content is also not transferred.

As of now only Time based reduction is possible with TDMS BI. Kind of TDTCC is not currently provided with TDMS BI.

It is possible to copy selected infocubes but appending to existing client is not possible. When ever we run any TDMS package,data in receiver client is deleted and then copied data is written to it.

Regards

Isha