cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP + JAVA system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My enviroment is SAP ECC 6 (ABAP + Java add in though we don't use the Java stack) on Oracle 10g/Solaris 10.

I intend to do a system copy(PRD to QAS) using offline backup/restore method. Is this possible for a ABAP + JAVA system using this method ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also in the process of this same procedure.

Yes, following the system copy guide, make sure that you use the ABAP+JAVA method using SAPINST and also exporting/importing the JAVA instance.

We are creating our own custom documentation are are using both offline RCP and online SNAP copies via XiV. Both have been successful.

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do system copy using backup/restore method for ABAP system . But for dual stack you have to follow the backup/restpre + export/import method.

1:- Backup/restore method use for ABAP engine

2:-Export/import method use for Java engine.

As mention above please go through the system doc before start system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your responses

Karan , I'm just wondering I'm i supposed to do two separate system copies in the case ie One ABAP (backup/restor) & the other for Java(export/import)?

regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Karan , I'm just wondering I'm i supposed to do two separate system copies in the case ie One ABAP (backup/restor) & the other for Java(export/import)?

Read the system copy guide.

Basically you will

- start sapinst on the source system and choose "database specific method"

- start sapinst on the target system and select the same

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Follow the system copy guide for ABAP+Java for your OS, DB. You can find the doc in SMP. For example, AIX/Oracle, NW 7.01 is:

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001707822008E/systemcopy_701_abja.pdf

Once read through the doc and do couple of times, you can simplyfy the steps and come up with your own site specific procedure. Both online and offline backups will work.

Regards,

Shan