cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS integration with QM

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Question is towards basic concept of DMS in QM module integration.

I have to upload word document files (8D) report every time I create a Q2 notification. We have DMS, and how to do it in DMS and IN QM02.

My thoughts,

CV01-Create doc info record- Do we have to create a new doc info record each and everytime we get an 8D report?

Document attached to Q Info record- Whether we have so many 8D reports attached in a single document info record?

If many doc assigned to single doc info record- How the link will be available between notifcation and 8D report?

Object assignment- Notification number assigned- It is visible in QM02.

Request someone to help me with a step by step approach while explaining.

Activities I did are created an Doc info record, assigned a MS Word document(8D) report, Oject link-assigned the notification numer. Do I have to create many doc info record or just one, pls guide me.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on May 28, 2010 7:39 AM

Edited by: Vineeth Varghese on May 31, 2010 10:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Closing this thread.

Consclusion:

For each notification, I have to create a seperate document type where I will attach photos and MS word files. Newly created doc type through CV01N will have object assignment for the specific notification.

Thanks

Vineeth

Sujith can you just look for a thread where I am having an issue with "reason code entry from action box". That was a seperate thread without any expert advice for long time.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can asign in both way DMS to Notification

1. create DMS and assign it to Notification at the time of creation of notification.

2. Create DMS and assign notification at the time of creation of notification.

This I can tell you.

Can u elaborate the client requirement in details so I can help u in better way.

Thanks

Nilesh I

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Every time I create a quality notification, I have to attach a word document and a photo in notification.

Could you please tell me what are the steps to be followed to do this in DMS and in ECC 6.0

Thanks,

Vineeth Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Go to CV01n

2.Enter document type

3.Enter the information

4.Attach the text doc/photo etc in link original

5.save the document & release

Optional :.Go to Object link here if you have already created notification then Enter the Notification Number

6.Now go to QM01/02

7.Enter the the DMS document type & number in Document field

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sujith,

Exactly this was what I was asking,

So you mean to say that each time, I have to attach a document in QM01, I have to go to CV01n and create a document type and attachit to it.

It means for every Q2 notification, other than QM01, I have to run CV01n also. Am I correct?

My doubt was, in same document type can we assign different photos related to other notifications also. Requirement is that, when I click object link in Notification, it should show only related photos or 8D reports. Not all documents of various notifications together.

Thanks

Vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means for every Q2 notification, other than QM01, I have to run CV01n also. Am I correct?

My doubt was, in same document type can we assign different photos related to other notifications also. Requirement is that, when I click object link in Notification, it should show only related photos or 8D reports. Not all documents of various notifications together.

See

A Document in CV01n is document type specific->A document can contains many photos & say Text document->A notification can contain many document type & documents---->Also one document(created in cv01n) can be attached to different notifications.

So my concept of attaching document to notification is always like "You can accumulate all text file ,photos etc in one CV01n document( for one notification) & attach this document in the notification only for which these documents are created"

This avoid great confusion and maintain 1:1 relateion