Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development server crashed

srikant_dada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

My Development server got crash. I have database backup.... If I install fresh os (Hpux) , oracle and sap and then restore my backup will it work properly? Will it give me the last backup position as it is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
If I install fresh os (Hpux) , oracle and sap and then restore my backup will it work properly? Will it give me the last backup position as it is?

Yes...these type of restore same way as Quality refresh......and it will give you the data till last back up(which you used in restoration).

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, is it just a server crash or did you lose the data as well? Check if your data was in any external storage in which case you will only have to worry about the server and then do a sanity check on the storage to bring back the filesystems.

If you lost all the data as well, yes the starting point is to reinstall SAP kernel, Oralce kernel (unless you have it in a tape backup), restore all the external files such as back<SID>.ora, arch<SID>.ora and the files needed for your backup solution to work to make the restore going.

You will have to then work on getting all other external files restored as well, such as sid<adm> home dir, ora<sid> home dir, sqlnet, listener files, j2ee path etc and any other external interface files.

Regards,

Shan

Edited by: r.shanmu on May 27, 2010 6:13 PM

Edited by: r.shanmu on May 27, 2010 6:14 PM