cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null field automatically populated in Data Manager during create

0 Kudos

Hi,

Using Import Manager, the external manufacturer field is left blank on the excel spreadsheet. The source value Null is mapped to the destination value Null. The import map I'm using has the following settings:

- default flat NULL handling: preserve NULLs

- default Null interpretation: ignore NULLs.

- the target field setting: ignore NULLs

After the import, the Data Manager record shows a value in this field instead of it being blank. The value is one of many in the Manufacturer table. This is only happening with this Lookup [Flat] field even though it is set up exactly the same as others. This is not a required field.

This is also happening when creating a single record directly in Data Manager.

We are on SRM-MDM 2.0 SP04 P01 and MDM 5.5 SP06 P03, Server version: 5.5.63.65. This is also happening in our dev system where we have applied service packs to level SRM-MDM 2.0 SP04 Patch14 and MDM 5.5 SP06 5.5.65.80. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Susan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please check few things:

1. Make sure that the field is not a calculated field in Console.

2. Make sure there are no assignments running for it.

3. check the Confguration properties of Import manager and make sure no workflow's are triggered during import.

Also if the field which is getting defaulted to Null is a Display field, then its possible that at the time of import it gets assigned to Null. try to make it non-Display field and import again.

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jun 1, 2010 1:44 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I did the checks you suggested and still have the issue. I will probably have to open an OSS message.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry posted multiple times due to network error.

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on May 28, 2010 3:00 PM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on May 28, 2010 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check whether your repository has any Fatal or Non-Fatal error from Console and repair.

Sometimes schema inconsistency may also cause such errors.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just check whether your repository has any Fatal or Non-Fatal error from Console and repair.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

BR,

Alok Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

I rechecked all systems and there are no fatal or non-fatal issues. I also compared an old repository schema with the current version and don't see anything different regarding the external manufacturer field and the manufacturer flat table. The set-up for these is no different than other fields of the same type, except that this isn't occuring with those fields.

Thanks for your suggestions...Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

BR,

Alok Sharma

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

give a try to flat NULL handling = ignore NULLs.

Please revert with result.

Regards,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I made the change you suggested and the system is still defaulting a value into the external manufacturer field. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Susan