Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy : vendor user ID request on logon screen

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gentlemen,

A very easy question to win 10 points.

I would like registered vendors to be able to request user IDs on EBP logon screen. But I can only see ID request for internal employees.

Should we give the vendors an other URL or do we have to activate an internet service?

Thanks in advance and first come, first served!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

Self user creation is designed for internal employees, with an approval WF for the unit manager.

For vendor user IDs, you can use the self registration process to register new vendors. Once approved and created as a vendor, vendor's administrator will have the possibility to maintain vendor users.

This is done by an (external) admin, and not in a self service mode.

Rgds

Christophe

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

Thank you so much for your quick help. Once again you will get points.

2 new questions :

A. BBPVENDOR

The thing is that I observed we can invoke an internet service "BBBPVENDOR". From that screen I have a "register" option. Then I have two problems:

1. Vendor has to log (and at this stage of course he will have no login)

2. After logging he can request the creation of a vendor, a bidder or a portal (still not understood what that portal means by the way) but not that of an employee for the business partner!

Should I stop investigating on this way?

B. Supplier self-registration <u>with extended classic</u>

My client has SRM 4 and runs extended classic. Once supplier has registered and has been accepted, how will we able to get it replicated to R/3?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Le Radis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Le Radis,

A. ITS service BBPVENDOR is the ancestor of BSP service Supplier Self Registration. So I don't think it will provide more features (because obsolete).

B. New suppliers created via Self Registration can be converted from prospect to vendors in SRM, but must be replicated MANUALLY into R/3 (whatever your scenario).

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (0)