cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem while creating a file with "/"

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the following link of "configuring receiver file adapter",

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

It is mentioned that

If one of the message attributes contains characters that are not permitted in a file name, for example \, /, :, *, ?, ", <, >, |, then these characters are replaced by an underscore ("_") once the disable security tab is checked.

I am trying to create a file with "/" (using variable substitution) which should have been substituted with "_" as per help, but I am getting a File not found exception in RWB.

Once I remove that parameter from variable substitution it is working as normal. So nothing wrong with the scenario but this parameter in CC is not working as expected...

has anyone tried creating file names with "/"?

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

and did you set the Disable Security Checks indicator in the file channel ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your "variable Substituiton" assign in the File name scheme. I guess you may miss some thing there.

Regards

Ramg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Michal - Ofcourse yes. I had checked the check box for "disable security check"

@ Ramkumar Ganesh : The field value can come as either 1234 or /KT/1234. Former case has not issues, later one is generating this error message.

When I monitor the CC in RWB, I can clearly see that file name "/KT/1234.xml" File not found. Implies it has created file name with original values, without replacing them with "_".

Can someone replicate this issue and check if the same problem is occuring at your end? in that case, I can raise a oss message.

I am on PI 7.1 SP 06.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Uncheck the "Disable securoty checks" and test.

Think, While in the security check only its replacing the characters.

Just give a try!!

Regards

Ramg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did that already without success !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I checked in our PI 7.1 and SP7 and getting same kind of error.

\, /, :, *, ?, ", <, >, |,

When I used \, : and I am able to create with same characters not replaced by underscore '_'. Looks like we need to raise the OSS note.

Regards,

Venu.