cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILN in EAN format inside customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!,

Is it possible to store international location number (ILN) in customer master data and assing it to its partner function?

I know there is additional data fields in material master for EANs but I could not able to find a similar function for customer.

Note: EDPAR table does not fit in my EDI scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo

Your message is rather cryptic but I guess you meant it for the 'Experts'. I am not one on this subject but want to try my hand at helping you.

I am also assuming that you are dealing with a German/EU implementation/roll-out .

Firstly I am sure that you already know where ILN figures in the customer Master: IL number is maintained in the following fields of customer master-control data: Location No.1, Location No.2 and Check Digit.

In ORDERS01- ORDERS05 Idocs, International Location Number is provided in segment E1EDKA3 ( a sub-segment of E1EDKA1) with field name "STDPN'.

As long as you supply the Sold-to using segment E1EDKA1AG and send the ILN via E1EDKA3-STDPN, I think you should be fine and hence need not set up ILN as a Partner function in the customer master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandrasekhar for your help.

First of all, I made a mistake. Instead of ILN, it is GLN (Global Location Number), for example: 84NNNNNNNNNNNC. Its an Spain implementation.

The reason of the requirement is to avoid the maintenance of a custom table to link a customer-partner function-GLN.

The scenario is, for example: a output message of type INVOIC02 needs to be generated with E1EDKA1 BP and E1EDKA3-STDPN=GLN. The requeriment is that value of the GLN will be fetched somewhere from the customer master with bill-to party partner function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo

Both GLN and ILN mean the same. Here is what SAP Help documentation says on this:

Definition

The Global Location Number (GLN), which is also called the International Location Number (ILN), uniquely identifies a physical, functional, or legal entity. Such entities must be identified:

· In EDI messages

· When transport information about logistics units is transferred

· For printing bar codes that are to contain location information

So I think you can still use the same concept:

1) Maintain GLN in Bill-to Party's (BP)Control data tab.

2) Populate E1EDKA1 BP with BP number and E1EDKA3-STDPN with GLN.

ORDERS Idoc already have Sub-segment E1EDKA3, may be you need to modify INVOIC02 to add E1EDKA3 under E1EDKA1.

Hope this is what you want to achieve and I am not oversimplifying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)