cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NOT implement SPAM version 38

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Gurus,

I was trying implement to our SAP netweaver 04 BW 6.40 system from its SPAM version 20 to 38 but an error occured during the phase of OBJECT_LOCKS_?.

trouble shooting

1. I have test its TP tool and TP directory and its all working.

2. TMS is set to single landscape.

3. no error on its RFC.

by the way this server is a cloned of BW production that why It is set to single landscape.

Kindly provide a solution to patch SPAM.

Thank you in advance.

Joel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If its stucked at object_lock stage..

Check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw/helpdata/en/7e/c6c2ad98a711d2b429006094b9ea64/content.htm

Read regarding

OBJECTS_LOCKED_?

and check accordingly.

Also check logs, that will help you to narrow down.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Yes I already read that article unfortunately that does not given me enough information to my problem, the error says CANNOT_GET_OBJECT_LIST but after checking the STMS you can see it s object on the list.

The log error is "the object lis SAPKD64038 is not availablein the system".

Thank you,

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the objects in the spam patch is not readable.

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/7e/c6c2ad98a711d2b429006094b9ea64/content.htm]

- CANNOT_GET_OBJECT_LIST : The object list for a patch could not be found, because the patch does not exist.

Try downloading SPAM again and try to import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IMPORT_OBJECT_LIST

In this step, the object lists for the Support Packages in the queue are imported in the system. The following messages explain why this step may be terminated:

o TP_INTERFACE_FAILURE
          o : The tp interface could not be called. TP_FAILURE
          o : The program tp could not be executed. You can find more information in the SLOG and/or the ALOG log file. COMMAND_FILE_IMPORT_FAILURE
            : *The object list for one or more Support Packages could not be imported. You can find the source of error in the log of the command file import*

May be updating your tp will help you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Just wanted to know if you are on Windows ??? If your answer is yes.. pls go through the SNOTE given below

[Note 537347 - tp writes corrupt buffer line to NT]

All the best !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prateek_y,

Yes it is windows platform but that is for 4.6. Ours is 640.

Hi All,

Please refer to message below.

This phase checks whether there are any objects located in requests that

are still unreleased and are overwritten during the import. This phase

can terminate due to the following reasons:

o CANNOT_GET_OBJECT_LIST: The object list for a Support Package could

not be found because the Support Package does not exist.

o CANNOT_CHECK_LOCKS: An error was triggered when the system tried to

check the locks of an object in the queue.

o OBJECTS_LOCKED_IN_REQUESTS: Objects were found that are in

unreleased requests. Release these requests before continuing with

applying the patch.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Workaround :-

try to deploy SPAM version which is lesser than 38 and once it is done , then deploy the SPAM 38.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have updated my SPAM version to 38 on my system. You first need to update your TP and R3trans programs on your system. Also check the oradbsl patch file version. Once done you can try it. I was getting the same error. After perfoming these steps my problem was solved.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar Malekar ,

Done with the patching of TP and r3trans still no luck. What is the procedure on how to get the oradbsl patching?

Same result for the lower version 36.

Thank you all for the response.

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joel,

For oradbsl patching, you need to upgrade your SAP kernel. You can let me know its current version. I had to upgrade my kernel patch version from 247 to 304. It takes care of our dbsl patches also. Our exe directory has file named oradbsl. When I had upgraded my kernel patch to 304, this file also got updated.

Hope it works for you!!!! All the best!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kedar Malekar,

Ah ok, but i already done that we are using kernel version 328. I also update its TP and R3trans after kernel. What is our next move?

I appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Joel

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest to raise OSS with SAP.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Can you confirm the us DBSL patch number? In our case its Patch No. 276 when we upgraded the kernel patch level to 304.

File is having below details in exe folder.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 qa1adm sapsys 3339848 Oct 9 2009 dboraslib.sl

Version of tp program - 340.16.54 (release 640)

Version of R3trans program - 6.13 (release 640 - 26.05.09 - 10:25:00).

Just check these parameters and as suggested by Anil parallely raise a OSS message.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

DBSL patch number - 316

TP - 340.16.63 (release 640)

R3TRANS - version 6.13 (release 640 - 17.02.10 - 13:07:00)

Already raised the concern in OSS, still waiting for the resolution. will update you once done. If you guys still have some input please do so.

Thank you.

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joel, your dbsl and tp program versions are absolutely fine. Just check on market place if latest version of R3trans programe is available on market place. Also let me know from which version you are upgrading the SPAM version to 38. Let us know what does SAP responds to you with thier remarks.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

That is the latest TP and R3TRANS in the service market. From my SPAM version 20 to 38. yes sure i will provide the answer once SAP resolve the issue. For now they are looking at bad decompression. There advise is to redo the upacking and use the latest sapcar unfortunately that did not resolve the problem. Im still waiting for there feedback.

Thank you.

Joel

Edited by: Joel Cancio on May 31, 2010 1:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks for your response. We will wait till SAP responds. Just as a try you can try to upgrade your SPAM version 20 to something else but lower than 38 for your release and see how it goes. I guess we have SPAM version 36 on market place.

Thanks and Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

Yes we already tried to update version 36 but the same errors occurs. SAP already reposnded again decompression is still the issue. whenever the system is starting to patch, files from trans\data are created but this file is different filesize from the file EPS\in. for example.

Star of SPAM upgrade

EPS\in\filename.PAT filesize 3.568.240

End of SPAM upgrade

trans\data\filename.DEV filesize 3.563.600

Filesize changes automatically. Now what I dont understand is why the system is unpacking it incorrectly. I have done my homework. updating latest kernel, TP and R3trans as well.

SAP will still check this issue, If you guys encounter this issue kindly share your solution.

Thank you.

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue resolved by restoration of the server.

Thanks and regards,

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should first post the error you receive and in addition check the action log.