cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User assignment to purchasing organisation and purchasing groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My issue is related to user assignment to purchasing organisation and purchasing groups.

According to the project requirement, we are using central purchasing organisation and we should create the purchasing organisations and purchasing groups locally. it is not reflected from the back end systems through RFC.

Also we have one more team working with indirect materials and they also use SRM. They have already created the organisation model. Two projects are inter-related and belongs to same department in the company, but main different is one uses direct and the other in-direct materials.

Now we should create our purchasing organisation and purchasing groups and assign the users to it.

If we create it separately means not uder the main root and assign the users, we are able to create shopping cart till the contract. But when i create the new purchasing organisation and purchasing groups under the main root which is created for other project which deals with in-direct materails, i am not able to create shopping cart with the user. I am getting the error

' Process scheme could not be found

Please let me know how to deal with this scenario. here i need to add the purchasing organisation and purchasing groups under main root because of the reason that in the other project, purchasing organisation and purchasing groups defined needs to be accessed by our users as well. I mean the users should be able to access all the purchasing organisation and purchasing groups created under root node which gets the purchasing organisation and purchasing groups from the back end systems and the purchasing organisation and purchasing groups we created manually since we cant get it from back end system since it is central purchasing organisation.

Please asvise

Best regards,

Srinath

Edited by: srinath_Vijaya on May 27, 2010 4:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Responsibility Tab of Purchasing Group in PPOMA_BBP transaction. Organizational Responsibility should be Company top Org. Also check the Category setting in Product Responsibility of Purchasing Group and Category setting in Extended Attributes of User's Org Unit.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Thanks very much for your time and solution.

Actually the problem was something else and was fixed.

The reason for getting error 'Process schema was not yet defined' is because of missing definition of process schedma for the workflow since the process based workflow setting has been activated.

So this has been resolved by copying the sap standard customizing BC set for SRM workflow using transaction SAPR20 and then process schema for workflow got configured or copied automatically from SAP BC set and the error was removed.

Also the reason for error with user was that no purchaser assignment was done to the purchasing organisation and now it has been done and the users can access the SRM and create shopping cart and the contract.

Regards,

Srinath