cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform valuemapping for more than thousand fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to perform value map but in source the number of field is around 13 thousand .

However on target side there is only 6 value .till 5 its okay but last 6th value has to be target for remaining thousand field .

Now the problem is first manual entry of thousand value in value map table is not easy and if it is some how done also then I hope it will be a huge impact on PI server .

so is there any other option by which I can avoid manual entry of table and achieve the desired result.

I have been suggested to keep the table in R/3 side and use RFC lookup . so can we import values in R/3 table or their also we have to go for manual entry in the table secondly can RFC lookup is feasible on such a large table.(kindly suggest on this )

I have thought that perform the value map for first five and if any other value come will pass the 6th value to target but this idea was discarded by team telling the target is very imp field and we don't want to take risk .

Please suggest if you have any other solution for this problem .

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>so can we import values in R/3 table or their also we have to go for manual entry in the table

a program to upload excel values into the r3 table is 0,5 -1 day of dev ...

so no need for anything manual

>>>secondly can RFC lookup is feasible on such a large table.(kindly suggest on this )

1000 is not a lot for an RFC (just make sure you do one RFC call per each mapping and not 1000 calls

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup/Michal for you reply however number of field is 13000 not 1000:)

Any ways I have stared working on the RFC lookup option .being novice to ABAP always try to escape that option but seems fianlly got caught

I feel as suggested by you both I have to do these things :

1 Create a table in ABAP having two field key and value.

2 . Write a program to upload values from excel to ABAP table .

3 .Write a RFC to perform simple lookup on these two field values .

4 .Import this RFC in IR and use it in mapping .

Guys kindly share if you have any other views also apart from RFC...

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest you to go for RFC lookup in this case. It will simplify the scenario and of-course performance wise also it's better.

I have thought that perform the value map for first five and if any other value come will pass the 6th value to target but this idea was discarded by team telling the target is very imp field and we don't want to take risk .

-- This is bit expected, because in this situation 6th value will be kind of deafult value. If source payload has filed value other than those 13 thounds....then also it will covert it to 6th value on target side, which is not good..

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

If I go for RFC lookup it means I have to create first a table in R/3 with two field key and value and then enter those thousand value .so can we import values from excel sheet to any abap

table or here also we have to enter manually ?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in above post, uploading thound values via ABAP development, is not big deal and will not be big efforts.

Even you may get sample development codes on SDN in ABAP area..So using RFC lookup is preferable option

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on May 27, 2010 4:54 PM