cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class and NMFC numbers on the BOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GUrus,

Can anybody please help me with this issue? We have to populate the NMFC number and class type in the material master somewhere so that these numbers show up on the BOL going to the customer. This is a requirements for all the shipments going to the customers within the US. For international shipments, we have commodity code anyway to use. But where in the matmas can we put these fields so that they show up on the BOL. your help is gfreatly appreeciated.

Thanks

Anusha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the fields like dimension ,volumes or any other field which is not relevant as per your business and you have not used it. Maintain the NMFC number and class type in those fields

Ask you abaper to populate those in the smart form of BOL. You will get the details of the field in the MARC / MARA table.

Hope this will help you !!!!

Regards,

Krishna O

Edited by: Krishna O on May 27, 2010 8:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

no this is just not an certain materials. These numbers need to be populated in tehe material master for all the FERT materials. material gfreight group on the sales/general platn view seems to be the best fit, but i do not see know how best to make use of this field. currently on our BOL form, there is a class column. we need to popiulate tehis class somewhere on the material maste so that this shows up on the BOL form. also the NMFC code somehwere in hte material master so that it also shwos up on the BOL

Thanlks

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

There are many field in the material master which you are not going to use for your business scenario.

Select any two fields out of them and ask your abaper to populate those two fields value in class and NMFC in BOL.

I have given you just an example above which fields you can use. Check your material master and maintain these fields.

You have many fields available in basic data 1 and basic data 2 . I have done this for one of our client and its working fine .

Also you can maintain this for all fert materials and not specific to any material or material group.

Hope this will help you !!!

Regards,

Krishna O

Answers (0)