cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning/Error Message delivery unit in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

how is it possible to throw a warning or error message in the sales order, when the entered quantity is not a multiple of the delivery unit specified in material master sales tab 1?

Thanks

Anne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to do . Go to material master record and Go to sales org data 1 tab and populate the minimum order quantity field. now go to variable message setting for sales document and change the severity of the message Message no. V4082 from warning to error

when you create sales order you can enter only multiples of the number which you have populated in the minimum order field.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we just tested your suggestion with the minimum order quantity field in the material master.

It seems this only shows the error in the sales order, whenever the entered quantity is lower than the minimum quantity.

I have entered 125 in the material master field, but it accepted a quantity of 200 in the sales order. But 200 is not a multiple of 125.

Thanks

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintaining the field Delivery Unit does exactly what I need.

Thanks everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strangely when i try using minimum order quantity suggestion it works fine...... i cannot save the sales order if it is not in multiples of the minimum order quantity.

try maintaining both fields "Minimum Order" and "Miinimum Delivery Quantity" with the same value.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please take the help of your abaper and modify the user exit for sales order . Put a validation check at the time of entering the order quantity w . r .t delivery unit mentioned in the material master for that sales area and through a warning or error message as per your requirement.

For user exit please go through the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/1c/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Krishna O